Come Smile with Us!
Delta Dental of Iowa invites applicants for a Summer Law Clerk to join our Compliance team for the Summer of 2024. This is a temporary opportunity to gain hands-on experience, learn from subject matter experts, and collaborate with cross functional teams. Requires in person attendance and participation in various in-house counsel-shadowing opportunities. Areas of responsibility include the following:
- Research and analyze relevant federal and state case law and statutes regarding various healthcare related issues.
- Draft legal memoranda effectively and accurately communicating research and analysis findings.
- Prepare various other types of correspondence regarding assigned matters.
- Draft basic company documents, including but not limited to disclosures, procedures, cease and desist letters and agreements.
Why Delta Dental of Iowa?
For your smile. For your health. For your community.
At Delta Dental of Iowa, we’re more than just a dental and vision insurance company. Improving health and wellness is at the center of everything we do. As a not-for-profit, we aim to build stronger communities by investing in actions that promote and improve health. Delta Dental of Iowa invests 40% of our dollars directly back into the communities we serve.
Come see why we are passionate about "Bringing Smiles" to our customers. Our team enjoys competitive pay and benefits, an awesome "One Team" approach, and a company culture that fosters "Exceptional Quality Service" and "Leadership at All Levels." Together, we can make a difference – not only in Iowa but across the country.
- Must be a 2L and currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school.
- Superior academic credentials strongly preferred.
- Law review, journal or moot court experience strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Delta Dental of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons without unlawful regard of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, individuals with disabilities, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.