Our Finance and Accounting department is looking to expand. The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller and have direct exposure to both the CFO and Board of Directors. They will assist with the month, quarter, and year-end financial close process, AP and AR management, account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assist with audit preparations and perform other accounting duties as assigned. This position will also participate in the internal control’s creation, maintenance, and overall best practices. The ideal candidate should have an in-depth knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function. If you are an entrepreneurial accounting and finance professional looking for the next step in your career, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a full-time position based in Orlando, FL, Atlanta, GA, or Boston, MA.
Directly reporting to Controller based in Boston, MA.
- Perform operational accounting for month, quarter, and year-end close
- Drive the AP and AR functions within the accounting department
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Assist in establishing, aligning, and driving monthly reporting package and presentations
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Ensure proper application of internal controls to maintain the integrity of financial reporting
- Support integration initiatives for the company’s cloud-based enterprise software platform (NetSuite)
- Assist with monthly forecasting and partner with business leaders to establish a reforecast cadence
- Maintain interlock between Revenue Operations and Corporate Accounting functions
- Develop, support, and improve the systems, policies, and procedures necessary to drive efficiency and maintain proper accounting records
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of tax laws and GAAP
- Self-starter, excellent problem solver, flexible, resourceful, process driven and have a high degree of integrity and ethics
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 5+ years of related experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite ERP
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in an office environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times.