WESTSIDE HEALTHCARE IS LOOKING FOR A NURSE CLINICAL TRAINER TO HELP THE NURSE TEAM GROW!
COME WORK FOR THE TEAM TAKING CARE OF YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Nurse Clinical Trainer is an RN who is responsible for assessing, planning, training, implementing, evaluating, and optimizing clinical operations workflows. The goal of this position is to ensure consistent, high-quality care from all clinical support staff following the appropriate processes.
Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. With 240 team members, five health centers, one mobile health unit and over 27,000 patients all across Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay
Achieve health equity for all
- Compassion: Lead with compassion
- Service: Serve with humility
- Excellence: Be exceptional
- Empowerment: Empower all people
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance (two plans to choose from), dental insurance (through Guardian Dental), vision insurance, life insurance paid by Westside with the option to purchase more paid, short-term disability paid for by Westside, long term disability paid by the employee, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Core Responsibilities of the Nurse Clinical Trainer
1. Working along with the MA Clinical Trainer, the Associate Director of Clinical Operations, and the Director of Clinical Operations, develop evidence-based training that supports education and ongoing development of the Clinical Operations team.
2. Provide training, support, and remediation as indicated to the Clinical Operations team.
3. Support and/or coordinate orientation and training of new hires.
4. Provide education on and implementation of workflow changes resulting from the addition or revision of policies and processes.
5. Perform routine and ad hoc chart audits and direct observations of the Clinical Operations team in coordination with the Nurse Supervisors and Clinical Floor Supervisors.
6. Participate in recurring meetings with the MA Clinical Trainer, the Associate Director of Clinical Operations, and any other meetings at the request of the Associate Director of Clinical Operations or the Director of Clinical Operations.
7. Provide ambulatory care support as a member of the care team, as needed.
8. Participate in quality improvement activities and initiatives.
9. Other duties as assigned or requested.
3 years’ experience in ambulatory care setting or comparable setting.
Active RN licensure in the State of Delaware with no restrictions or disciplinary action.
Current BLS certification.