Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Jr. Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the Project Management Officer (PMO) with the successful planning, execution, and measurement of company projects. These projects will vary in scope from product management and large process changes to software implementation, development, and design.
- Work with the PMO to determine, define, and document project scope, milestones, work tasks, dependencies, timelines, and objectives.
- Estimate resources needed to reach objectives and manage resource deadlines in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop multiple detailed project schedules and work plans.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, progress, hurdles, and timelines.
- Ensure that stakeholders execute proper contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Monitor progress and adjust project plans as needed.
- Measure project performance.
- Support communication efforts to ensure stakeholders are having effective meetings, making timely progress, and disseminating appropriate information.
- Support escalation efforts when a plan is off track.
- Communicate challenges, missed deadlines, progress toward goal, plan deviation or modification, and lessons learned to PMO.
- Ensure projects have appropriate documentation production assigned to the appropriate stakeholder.
- As priorities and schedule allow, you may be asked to be an active participant in a project.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules, and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance preferred. Project management professional certificate preferred.
- Previous hands-on project management and related experience preferred.
- Desire and ability to deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Must possess aptitude and desire to independently learn, research solutions, and solve business problems with technology and/or process change.
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle.
- Excellent analytical skills and logical critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, and the ability to be extremely resourceful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.