Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 40 events and programs per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club also maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting its Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets as well as developing an elite group of Olympic level athletes on their athletic journeys.
Position Overview: Reporting to Manager – Volunteer, this position will play a crucial role in supporting the recruitment, management
, and engagement of our volunteer community. This internship provides valuable experience in volunteer program coordination and offers opportunities for learning, growth and positively impacting our mission.
•Administrative duties including, but not limited to, acting as a point of contact for members, participants
, and vendors, meeting coordination and ; drafting communication.
•Management of projects and tasks as required, including creating plans, tracking status and executing on responsibilities within projects.
•Representing Atlanta Track Club externally by ensuring all public facing communication is professional, timely and accurate.
•Supporting Atlanta Track Club events through pre- and post-event tasks, projects and event day responsibilities.
• Creation and presentation of an after action report summarizing experience.
• Other duties as assigned or requested.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment.
•Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Strong people skills.
• Reliable transportation.
• Ability to work full workdays Monday – Friday, as well as evenings and weekends for events.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times