JOIN THE TEAM TAKING CARE OF YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Director of Clinical Operations (DCO) is responsible for the planning and supervision of clinical support activities across all sites of Westside Family Healthcare by creating teams and processes which support efficient, high-quality team-based clinical care. With direct support from the Associate Director of Clinical Operations (ADCO), the DCO supervises the Clinical Operations Team and is an integral member of the Clinical Leadership Team.
Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. With 240 team members, five health centers, one mobile health unit and over 27,000 patients all across Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Our Mission: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay
Our Vision: Achieve health equity for all
- Compassion: Lead with compassion
- Service: Serve with humility
- Excellence: Be exceptional
- Empowerment: Empower all people
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance (two plans to choose from), dental insurance (through Guardian Dental), vision insurance, life insurance paid by Westside with the option to purchase more paid, short-term disability paid for by Westside, long term disability paid by the employee, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
Core Responsibilities of the Director of Clinical Operations
1. Ensure activities of the Clinical Operations Team align with Westside’s mission and strategic vision, and adhere to Westside’s policies.
2. In collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer and the leadership team, contribute to the development of the organization’s vision and strategy for delivering high-quality, team-based clinical care as well as the implementation of plans to meet strategic goals and objectives.
3. Collaborating with other leadership, develop and maintain clinical and non-clinical policies and processes that facilitate the provision of high-quality care, teamwork, excellent patient experience, and staff working at the top of their license and/or training.
4. In collaboration with HR and the ADCO, direct the recruitment, onboarding, professional development, and ongoing training of the Clinical Operations Team to ensure appropriate staffing with qualified, well-trained team members, including directly supervising the ADCO and indirectly supervising the Clinical Operations Team overall.
5. Develop and implement clear and consistent performance expectations, and provide or direct the provision of formal and informal feedback on the performance of members of the Clinical Operations Team.
6. Provide or direct the provision of mentoring and growth opportunities, as able and appropriate, for members of the Clinical Operations Team.
7. Ensure that resources managed by the Clinical Operations Team, including clinical equipment, supplies, medications, and vaccines, are appropriately maintained to facilitate the provision of safe, high-quality care, and to mitigate risk.
8. Serve as a liaison between administration and staff at the clinical sites.
9. Coordinate with other leadership to implement and optimize population health strategies, care coordination activities, and quality-driven value-based payment programs.
10. Coordinate programs with other community agencies as appropriate.
11. Coordinate with outside education programs, such as nursing and medical assistant training programs, to serve as a site for trainees and to maximize the recruitment potential of these collaborations.
12. Other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in Delaware
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related field
- At least 5 years of clinical leadership experience
- Current basic life support certification
- Important personal characteristics for this job include analytical thinking, attention to detail, integrity, dependability, leadership, initiative, stress tolerance, adaptability, cooperation, and self-control.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills