JOIN THE TEAM TAKING CARE OF YOUR COMMUNITY!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Value Based Program Manager (VBPM) is responsible for managing Westside Family Healthcare’s value-based strategy including analyzing all aspects of pay-for-performance, shared savings, bundled payments, quality incentive programs, and value-based structures related to quality performance, cost, and utilization across all contracts and lines of business. The VBPM is also responsible for the successful planning and execution of key strategic activities that will enable the rapid advancement of high-performance value-based care operations. The VBPM develops and implements tactics to meet program goals and metrics, including facilitating collaboration across departments. This position will partner closely with Clinical Operations, Clinical IT, Finance, and clinical leadership.
Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. With 240 team members, five health centers, one mobile health unit and over 27,000 patients all across Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
WORKING AT WESTSIDE MEANS WORKING IN A PRIMARY CARE MEDICAL HOME.
A Primary Care Medical Home is not a special building. It is a way to provide healthcare that puts the patient at the center of health care decision-making. As a community health center, Westside Family Healthcare provides care for everyone who walks through our doors, regardless of ability to pay, immigration or citizenship status, national origin, religion, race, ethnicity, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Our Mission: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay Our Vision: Achieve health equity for all
- Compassion: Lead with compassion
- Service: Serve with humility
- Excellence: Be exceptional
- Empowerment: Empower all people
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance (two plans to choose from), dental insurance (through Guardian Dental), vision insurance, life insurance paid by Westside with the option to purchase more paid, short-term disability paid for by Westside, long term disability paid by the employee, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
What we expect from you
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of current and potential future value-based agreements, payor contracts and Westside operations to prioritize activities and achieve maximum reimbursement in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Participate in the review and analysis of agreements under consideration.
- Support strategic planning for evolving value-based care consistent with Westside’s priorities, translate strategy into operational tactics through focused efforts and actions, and monitor key performance indicators to deliver best in class programs.
- In partnership with the Clinical IT and Finance teams, using internal population health data and payer provided data, develop reporting tools to identify areas of improvement opportunities.
- In collaboration with the operational and clinical leadership teams, develop and implement actionable tasks/goals to improve quality outcomes and improve upon actual revenue of each value-based contract.
- Analyze attributed/assignable variation and reconcile patient/membership between payer and Westside.
- Participate in internal and external partner meetings with providers, payors, senior administrators, and data requestors to facilitate communication, resolve challenges, and provide timely, high quality data analysis.
- Facilitate receipt of information from the payor and/or their portals. Save and track payer supplied information in an organized and thoughtful manner.
- Participate in data mining and payer data entry supporting value-based agreements and programs.
- Support strategic patient engagement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in data interpretation and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, such as healthcare administration, public health, statistics, finance, analytics, data science or closely related field required.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities to aid in problem solving and decision making, identify root causes, and provide resolutions when needed.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities, and a strong, proactive work ethic.
- Ability to effectively work on a team.
- Demonstrated skills in data presentation to various stakeholder groups to convey needed messages.
Important personal characteristics for this job include analytical thinking, attention to detail, integrity, dependability, leadership, initiative, stress tolerance, adaptability, cooperation, and self-control. Travel is primarily local during the workday.
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, public health, statistics, finance, analytics, data science or closely related field.
- Experience with Excel and/or MS-SQL.
- Knowledge of analytical tools, business intelligence tools, and statistical packages such as Microsoft Report Builder, Tableau, Power BI, SAS, or equivalent tools.
- Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement certification.