BlueWave is seeking an experienced Vice President of Power Origination to lead its offtake origination efforts in the wholesale markets for its pipeline of greenfield projects in ISO-NE and NYISO markets. BlueWave is on track to bring over 1.5GW of new solar and battery energy storage projects in New England to construction. The VP of Power Origination will play a key role in the projects’ ability to monetize their participation in the wholesale markets through a blend of bilateral offtake agreements, hedges, tolling agreements and revenue puts. The candidate is expected to start with a hands-on approach to origination while building a team of professionals to support BlueWave’s aspirations.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Create and lead the Power Origination team
- Develop and execute the offtake strategy that best positions the greenfield assets under development
- Conduct thorough market analysis to identify valuable markets and emerging trends
- Evaluate market dynamics, regulatory frameworks, and competitive landscapes to inform origination efforts
- Lead deal structuring and negotiation efforts to secure offtake, optimize project economics, ensure risk mitigation and facilitate successful project execution
- Conduct financial analysis and modeling to assess project economics, including revenue streams, costs and return on investment
- Evaluate project financing options and work closely with the finance team to secure necessary funding
- Provide input and support in the development of project plans, timelines, and budgets; Educate and develop the expertise within the firm in the long-term
- Support the policy team on monitoring and evaluating both ISO-NE and NYISO markets for major policy shifts
- Assist the Asset Management team with managing complex energy contracts, resolve contracting issues, monitor counterparty performance, validate invoices and Renewable Energy Credits
Required Background and Experience
- Demonstrable experience in power origination in the gas and or renewable energy sectors with a trading desk, utility, asset owner or similar counterparties
- Strong financial and technical acumen, excellent communication, and presentation skills
- Successful experience with negotiations with counterparties and participation in non-recourse financing transactions
- Excellent networking and relationship-building skills to engage and collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Financial analysis and modeling expertise, with the analytical ability to evaluate project economics and optimize financial structures
- At least 10 years of experience in structuring bilateral offtake or financial power-related contracts
Compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.