BlueWave has an immediate opening for a Director of Market Development to join our Solar Development Team. This integral team member will be responsible for new market entry strategy and execution from a project development perspective and for identifying and forming key partnerships to support that strategy. Their daily activities will include networking in-market to identify target relationships and opportunities, gathering intel to refine market strategy, securing key vendors, building partnerships with key stakeholders such as landowners and affinity groups and establishing a BlueWave presence. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. A deep understanding of creative business development processes is imperative to being successful in this position.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package, including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, cell phone reimbursement, summer Fridays and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists, and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop more innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
- Forming a strategic view on our approach to new markets based on intel gathered
- Project Development partner identification, initial relationship formation and handoff for relevant development team
- Corporate partnership opportunity identification and execution (e.g. landowners, agricultural partners, workforce development)
- Identify and foster strategic land acquisition partnerships (e.g. agricultural organizations, commercial real estate companies, State agencies and local commercial operations)
- Become familiar with all State and municipal regulatory permitting requirements
- Inform internal policy team on policy positions to drive market development
- Diligence in early-stage projects and driving early project development until a permanent personnel resource is established
- Collaborate closely with internal Site Acquisition, Grid Integrations, Project Development and Policy teams to move market growth forward
- Understand market economic cash flow models to assess cost-based incentives (e.g. feed-in tariffs) which will lead to a perspective on preferred project locations
- Evaluate the impact of tax incentives or other support structures for key project development decisions
- Prepare presentations for internal progress reporting
- 5-7 years of business development experience, with a particular focus on new market development for renewable energy projects
- Sound understanding of greenfield real estate development process
- Outside, in-market, business development track record with proven ability to identify and execute partnerships with a range of counterparties
- Experience with new process development and implementation where market uncertainty is present
- Analytical and financial modeling within Excel and proficiency with the total Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of complex concepts (tax rules, energy policy, financial structures, etc.)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative and accountability
- Ability to think creatively to adjust to market changes
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Self-starter that can get up to speed quickly
- Comfort with a traveling 60%+ of work time
- Ability to perform site visits
- Experience with basic solar performance modeling tools
- Experience in one or more of the following: agriculture, land conservation, agrivoltaics, land leasing and acquisition
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Familiarity with Procore, Salesforce, GIS and solar design software
Compensation will be influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to internal pay equity, job-related knowledge, skills, education, licenses/certifications, essential job duties and the necessary experience relative to the job’s minimum qualifications.
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.