Atlanta Track Club is a nonprofit committed to creating an active and healthy Atlanta. Through running and walking, Atlanta Track Club motivates, inspires and engages the community to enjoy a healthier lifestyle. With more than 30,000 members, Atlanta Track Club is the second largest running organization in the United States. In addition to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race – the largest 10K in the world, the Publix Atlanta Marathon, the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler and the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, Atlanta Track Club directs more than 40 events and programs per year. Through the support of its members and volunteers, Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation maintains a number of community initiatives including organizing and promoting its Kilometer Kids youth running program to metro Atlanta youth, honoring high school cross country and track and field athletes through Atlanta Track Club’s All-Metro Banquets as well as developing an elite group of Olympic level athletes on their athletic journeys.
As the Manager - Retail & Merchandising at Atlanta Track Club, you will report to the
Director – Marketing. You will play a pivotal role in shaping our retail strategy, optimizing the growth of all retail verticals including but not limited to digital storefront, registration path, emails, expos and other events. You will think and plan strategically while also maintaining a hands-on presence at events and in managing inventory to ensure seamless execution of the Club’s retail operations with adidas as the Club’s exclusive apparel and footwear provider. Your leadership will contribute to our overall success by enhancing the customer experience, maximizing sales and driving profitability. If you are a tireless, retail-minded professional who wants to live the Club’s mission, we want you to apply for this position at Atlanta Track Club.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive retail and merchandising strategy aligned with the organization's budget goals and brand image.
- Follow industry and fashion trends to identify growth opportunities and potential threats.
- Collaborate with the Club’s exclusive footwear and apparel partner, adidas, and internal teams to plan event, program and seasonal promotions through an assortment of merchandise.
- Program, staff and manage Atlanta Track Club’s mobile merchandise unit to ensure a robust calendar of retail opportunities outside the Club’s event and programming calendar.
- Oversee inventory levels, tracking and replenishment to ensure product availability.
- Monitor and manage merchandise markdowns, promotions and clearance events to optimize revenue growth.
- Create visually appealing and effective merchandise displays to attract and engage members, runners and walkers of all ages.
- Maintain visual standards throughout the digital or in-person retail experience to enhance the overall shopping experience.
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of retail associates at major EXPOs, ensuring they deliver exceptional customer service.
- Work with the organization’s finance department to prepare regular reports on inventory turnover and merchandise performance.
- Continuously enhance the Club’s licensed merchandising offerings and customer experience.
- Address customer inquiries, concerns and feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Retail Management, or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years of proven experience in retail management including digital and visual merchandising, social media, SEO, SEM, and email marketing.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced user of retail management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Experience in digital merchandising and retailing, including social media, SEO, SEM, and email marketing.
- Exceptional project management and team leadership skills.
- Creative thinking and a passion for staying up-to-date with marketing trends.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift boxes, fixtures and other items up to 50 lbs.
Salary Range: $50,000 -$60,000