ABOUT MEITHEAL PHARMACEUTICALS
Founded in 2017 and based in Chicago, Meitheal Pharmaceuticals is focused on the development and commercialization of generic injectables and, as of 2022, has expanded its focus to include fertility, biologics, and biosimilars. Meitheal currently markets 50 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved products across numerous therapeutic areas including anti-infectives, oncolytics, intensive care, and fertility. As of the end of April 2023, Meitheal, directly or through its partners, has over 20 products in the research and development phase, 21 products planned for launch in 2023, and an additional 20 products under review by the FDA. Meitheal’s mission is to provide easy access to fairly priced products through robust manufacturing, consistent supply, and rapid response to our customers’ needs. Ranked among the top 100 Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago, Meitheal emulates the traditional Irish guiding principle we are named for — Meitheal (Mee·hall): working together toward a common goal, for the greater good.
SUMMARY The VP of Commercial Operations position manages contracting and business analytic activities of the Meitheal organization. This role will facilitate the development of contract strategies that align with business strategies for launch and in-line products. The VP of Commercial Operations will work closely with Marketing, National Accounts, and the Finance Department to ensure all contract strategies and offerings have financial justification based on ROI and sound business judgment and also assist in assessing the performance of existing contract strategies & offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Creates and manages contracting function including bid processes, contract negotiations, contract templates, and pricing analytics.
• Responsible for leading and managing Meitheal’s operational budget and forecasting development process.
• Provides business analytics support to the Meitheal organization, including gathering and compiling competitive intelligence and data regarding market dynamics.
• Ensures implementation of contract strategies and contracting platforms.
• Leads the coordination of operational activities such as rebates, chargebacks, government reporting, contract writing and process approvals.
• Evaluates changing marketplace and proactively makes recommendations on pricing strategies.
• Serving as a resource in assessing price for potential licensing and acquisition opportunities.
• Manages Meitheal’s annual long-range planning process.
• Evaluate product profitability and drive cross-functional collaboration to negotiate improved COGS to maximize organizational profitability.
• Establishes and manages collaborative relationships with Marketing, Legal, Operations, Regulatory Affairs, Finance, Quality, and Human Resources in the achievement of corporate goals.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related discipline and 8 years of increasing responsibility and experience in generic pharmaceutical Sales and/or Contract Marketing management.
• High level of business acumen, analysis and judgement.
• Strategy development, project management, and problem-solving skills.
• Solid understanding of pharmaceutical compliance requirements.
• Exceptional negotiation skills.
• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.
Up to 25% domestic and/or international travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruitment Fraud Notice