JOB TITLE: Chase House Youth Support Specialist (OVERNIGHTS)
REPORTS TO: Chase House Program Manager
FSLA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt Full Time, Part Time and Relief Staff
DEPARTMENT: Chase House
LOCATION: Boulder, CO
TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), has established a continuum of care aiming to ensure that youth feel safe, affirmed, comfortable, secure and valued. TGTHR has been committed to ending youth homelessness for 55 years by providing youth with access to a place to live, employment, education, wellness and a supportive community.
Do you thrive in a dynamic and ever changing work environment?
Do you have a high threshold for sometimes chaotic but always rewarding work?
Do you want to provide collaborative support to youth that are part of the child welfare system or involved in the juvenile justice system?
Do you want to work in a qualified residential treatment program to support youth who may have experienced trauma?
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Chase House operates 24/7.The goal at Chase House is to prevent youth from aging out of the foster care system into homelessness. Chase House provides a safe, home-like atmosphere for youth between the ages of 12-18 who have been placed by the state due to family disruption. While at Chase House, youth receive help with their schooling, family coaching services, life-skills development, mental and physical wellness support, and an array of individual and group activities.
Take a tour of Chase House here.
PROVIDING SUPPORT AT A YOUTH FACILITY MAY LOOK LIKE:
- Create and maintain a safe, supportive, and positive trauma informed environment for youth.
- Practice compassion and empower youth while holding them accountable and maintaining professional boundaries.
- Collaborate constructively with and support staff members and external partners.
- Routinely and consistently apply program expectations by implementing established behavior modification plans for youth.
- Maintain open communication with youths’ treatment teams, including case workers, probation officers, parents and others.
- Provide individualized support to youth, including crisis intervention using a variety of techniques.
- Assist youth in developing daily living skills.
- Participate in and facilitate youth groups.
- Work with assigned youth as a “sponsor” to promote prosocial behavior.
- Transport youth to appointments and activities.
- Ensure compliance with TGTHR and State policies, procedures, and legal obligations.
- Maintaining timely and objective records in Salesforce and other data systems.
- Provide support with the youth intake process.
- Maintain household safety including household chores and activities such as cooking, cleaning, and laundry.
- Proactively identify areas of improvement throughout Chase House and its programs. ? Engage in all scheduled staff meetings and training.
- Actively seek out and attend external trainings to promote your professional development.
- Execute responsibilities and manage relationships with a high degree of professionalism. ? Perform other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION: $22.14 per hour plus overnight differential !!
TGTHR supports employees with ongoing training and offers competitive compensation and benefits such as a flexible work environment dependent on work position, medical, dental, vision, and accident insurance, paid time off/sick leave/parental leave/paid holidays/bereavement leave, employee assistance program/counseling services, development and educational opportunities and a 403(b) retirement plan.
TGTHR is pleased to provide professional growth opportunities for full time employees pursuing their LPC or MFT licensure. In exchange for providing counseling services in programs, employees will receive on sight individual and group supervision at no cost to the employee.
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal check.
TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) efforts, visit our website.
- 2 years of college education or a H.S. Diploma (or equivalent) and 1 year of equivalent work experience in Human Service fields.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, overnights; and short notice shifts.
- Commitment to continued education of social justice, especially the intersection of youth homelessness and race, sexuality, gender, ability, and socioeconomics.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Respect confidentiality and maintain dignity and integrity.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccine or are able to receive one within seven weeks of hire.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while also performing typing duties.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, push and other strenuous activities.
- Moving up and down stairs throughout the shift.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Prior experience working with youth and/or vulnerable populations.
- Customer service experience.
Don’t meet every single requirement?
At TGTHR we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion (JEDI) efforts, visit our website.