You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
A Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for forecasting, planning, and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. This role manages the finances of purchasing food and drink for the Parks premises. “Purchasing” includes sourcing, ordering, and transporting of food and beverage. This position oversees and manages certain restaurants and food stands in the Park.
Anticipated start date of January 3, 2024
- Ensure that the highest safety and health/sanitation standards are followed in the food and beverage department
- Grow Sales Per-Capita (sales per admitted guest) and Net Income Per-Capita (net income per admitted guest)
- Manage seasonal staff including recruiting, training, scheduling, performance management, daily tasks, company policies, and discipline
- Manage labor expenses to remain within budget
- Manage Labor Law regulations for the department
- Work with Human Resources on department hiring needs, discipline needs, and employee issues
- Manage food and beverage inventory supply chain including costs of good
- Work with vendors such as US Foods, Pepsi, Dippin’ Dots, and others from an operational perspective
- Manage food and beverage needs for company special events and catering events
- Oversee and execute day to day catering operations
- Strong partnership with Warehouse support staff
- Develop detailed trainings for each foods stand or area
- Stay up to date with trends in the amusement industry in regard to new food, equipment, policies, and trends
- Work with facilities maintenance department to keep all equipment functioning at a high level
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
- 1-2 years of management experience
- Minimum 3 years of food service experience
- Must be certified in food safety by an approved program of the Health Department or willing to complete and pass the program within one year
- Prior experience in the amusement/theme park or high-volume tourist-based entertainment venue is preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of employees and management
- Willingness to travel overnight to attend and participate in seminars, meetings, and conferences out of town
- Ability to work full-time
- Acceptable scores of technical and psychological assessments
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.