Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and health care interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing employee-owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Primary purpose: Provide consulting, design, training, analytic and development services to Lantana’s client, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN). Assist NHSN’s partner healthcare facilities in submitting healthcare quality data to the government.
A successful candidate will:
- Provide technical assistance and conduct outreach to healthcare facilities on how to submit data to NHSN.
- Analyze and understand client needs and translate them into formal requirements.
- Communicate client needs to business and technical resources.
- Conduct analyses in SAS; interpret, summarize, and present findings to relevant stakeholders.
- Manipulate datasets, conduct statistical analysis, and perform quality check on analytic deliverables. Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects and materials.
- Provide results to the project team, clients, stakeholders and partners both verbally and in writing. Results should be reported in an appropriate manner for the audience – i.e., some reports will be highly technical while other reports will be written in plain language.
- Develop and deliver trainings, project updates, and presentations on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) work in antimicrobial use and resistance.
- Participate in development of business requirements using industry standards.
- Exhibit attention to detail and critical thinking when developing materials, reviewing documentation, troubleshooting issues, and reporting results.
- Take part in application testing and provide feedback to software developers and quality assurance technicians.
- Interpret and explain basic analytics methodologies and results to end users.
- Collaborate in planning, development, and implementation of projects.
- Maintain public health expertise; stay abreast of industry changes and trends.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health, or other Health Science field.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience using SAS to import data, manipulate data/datasets, and conduct analyses relating to evaluation of data quality and accuracy preferred.
- 7-9 years of related experience.
- Ability to attain Public Trust Clearance.
- Experience with antimicrobial use, antimicrobial resistance, and/or Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) data.
- Knowledge of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) NHSN.
- Knowledge of Clinical Document Architecture (CDA).
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.