WITF is seeking an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic Account Manager to join our successful Corporate Partnerships team. This person is responsible for securing revenue to support WITF’s TV and radio programming and digital platforms as well as original content and educational events. This position begins with an active account list and will have a significant focus on new business development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service an existing assigned account list and introduce new opportunities to increase current client sponsorship revenue
- Use networking, prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, qualify and cultivate relationships with new corporate and non-profit clients
- Meet with key decision makers in-person and by zoom to conduct thorough client needs analysis
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative industry research to differentiate WITF and develop customized client proposals that align the strengths of public media with client needs
- Provide professional client follow-up to resolve any issues and to confirm sponsorship deliverables and expectations are met in order to maintain client satisfaction and loyalty
- Attend business events including after-hours functions for networking purposes as well as WITF events to support sponsors of such events
- Achieve targeted revenue goals as set in collaboration with the Director of Corporate Partnerships
- Document and manage daily activity in our CRM system and complete weekly sales activity reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree is preferred with a minimum of three years’ experience in broadcast or other direct sales, non-profit fundraising, marketing, and/or relationship-building experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.