For over two decades, Hourigan has established itself as the “go-to” firm when it comes to managing complex projects and delivering them to the highest standards. Our portfolio is filled with many success stories, but we’re most proud of the strong relationships we have built and continue to grow. Our relationship-centered approach starts with our employees. We are looking for people who embody our values of fairness, integrity, and trust. We want self-starters who take ownership in their work and value building and maintaining relationships every step along the way. We take pride in our desire to become better every day, providing our employees with opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
We have an opening for a Scheduler to build and maintain project schedule baselines factoring in the variables of owner requirements, Hourigan policies, and an on-going analysis of logic and validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for collection of update data from multiple sources, including the Project Manager, Superintendent, and Owners Representatives and subcontractors. All update data shall be approved by the Project Manager prior to incorporation into the schedule.
• Maintains Project Schedule Baselines in accordance with Hourigan’s policy regarding Baselines and any additional requirements the Owner’s contracts may include.
• Generation of project specific Performance Reports as well as Hourigan Standard reports, including the: Critical Activities Report, Baseline Deviation Report, Earned Value Performance Index Report and Project Cash Flow Report.
• Required at a minimum on all Hourigan projects to include the Hourigan Metrics Resource Set for project staff and General Conditions. As required by the project, updating cost and resource actuals may be required as part of the periodic progress update process.
• On-going analysis of the network logic and validation that it complies with the intent of the project team and that it complies with the Hourigan Standard Guidelines for network logic. The network logic on-going analysis shall also include removal of extraneous and superfluous dependencies that may cause errors in calculating total float and criticality.
• Preparation of the required reports for the project and shall include assisting with the draft of the Monthly Schedule Narrative.
• Developing schedules from the ground up for both proposals and construction projects. Development of both types of schedules shall be a team effort.
Qualifications and Experience:
• B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 10+ years of industry experience, including previous project management experience for a general contractor required.
• Knowledge of BIM and how it relates to scheduling and sequencing, preferred.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of Construction estimating, means and methods, accounting, document administration, an a through understanding of industry practices.
• Application of LEED certifications is preferred.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Experience with MS Project, Textura, CMiC, and Bluebeam preferred.
• Applies a customer-centric mindset to all work efforts.
• Highly entrepreneurial and self-motivated with the ability to work equally well individually or in a team setting.
• Exhibits Hourigan’s commitment to excellence through meeting and exceeding both internal and external customer expectations and displaying only the utmost integrity.
• Able to walk the job site, climb ladders and/or scaffolding, and lift objects of at least 30 lbs.
• Some periodic travel may be required.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability, 401k employer match, and paid time off.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.
Hourigan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or protected Veteran status in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.