You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
A Human Resource Coordinator is a full-time position whose main objective is to help the employer recruit, manage, develop, organize, and motivate seasonal Team Members. This position completes all required data entry, maintains, and updates personnel files and prepares required documentation for managers and employees at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. This position constantly works on the improvement of the back-office processes. An HR Coordinator is responsible for managing the compliance of all the personnel documentation (e.g., employment records and onboarding guides) with the regulatory framework (law, internal procedures, internal policies) and updating internal databases.
- Support the full Recruiting cycle, including developing creative new ideas to attract candidates, sourcing new candidates, screening candidates, extending offers, and onboarding new hires.
- Process personnel records and new-hire paperwork efficiently
- Respond to emails, calls and employees in a timely manner
- Grow and maintain our Volunteer Program
- Responsible for employee recognition and incentive programs by processing awards and updating prizes
- Willingness to work closely with numerous departments quickly and efficiently for the benefit of the company
- Compile statistical reports and tracking such as staffing, infractions, schedules, and other reports as needed
- Gain a working knowledge of government regulations and standard filings required by the Department of Labor, IRS, and Unemployment systems
- Assist with completing regular internal audits of employee files, ensure accurate data entry in HRIS, and weekly review of IDOL entries.
- Assist with uniform program and services, including orders, billing, and inventory
- Assist with employee transportation service to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations
- Assist with operational compliance and filing including Department of Transportation reports
- Assist with HoliMarket operations (our uniform shop)
- Assist employees by having a working knowledge of all HR systems and HoliMarket processes
- Actively participate in company events such as recruiting, orientation, special events, and training events
- Assist with trainings and orientations as needed
- Submit hiring information to the appropriate reporting agencies
- Maintain discipline, appearance, and performance standards of seasonal and full-time employees
- Maintain working knowledge of company procedures and policies
- Create standard work for various processes, programs, and events
- Serve as a liaison for our seasonal employees across all business units
- Assist with Holigram publications
- Assist in the filing of unemployment claims
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of HR experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite/ability to learn new software programs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Enthusiastic approach to helping employees
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent follow-up skills
- Strong attention to detail
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.