You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Human Resource Generalist is a leadership role in the Human Resources Department that helps support and manage all HR functions with a focus on the Seasonal workforce, including employee relations, recruiting and retention, recognition, engagement, onboarding, training, policy implementation, and employment law compliance. This role also manages our world-class Employee Transportation program and serves as a backup for processing payroll as needed. The HR Generalist is a key player in supporting the Company’s goals of increasing engagement, reducing turnover, and making Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari a great place to work.
- Successfully lead, manage, and coach seasonal Human Resources staff, HoliMarket staff and Employee Transportation staff
- Maintain a working knowledge of government regulations that apply to compensation and benefit programs (EEOC, OSHA, FMLA, ERISA, ADA, etc.) and the standard filings required by the Department of Labor, IRS, and Unemployment systems
- Serve as a key resource within the Company in the interpretation and application of employment laws, personnel policies and procedures, and other Human Resources compliance matters
- Interview, screen, and recruit job applicants to match experience for open positions
- Organize, schedule and deliver training and orientation
- Learn the Company’s payroll process and process payroll bi-weekly
- Support the Total Compensation Manager as needed
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning Human Resources information
- Frequently review HRIS data for accuracy, correcting as needed
- Investigate and resolve seasonal employee relations issues, including legal inquiries
- Conduct exit interviews and survey to determine reasons behind separation for seasonal staffing
- Oversee uniform program and services, including orders, billing, and inventory
- Oversee employee transportation service to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations
- Serve as a liaison to employees and leadership across all business units utilizing general knowledge of Human Resources disciplines and HR systems
- Help or lead the planning, organization and execution of employee special events
- Act as an energetic member of our Full-Time Fun Committee
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or another business-related field preferred
- 1-3 years of Human Resource experience preferred
- PHR Certification preferred, or willing to pursue certification
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and influence others
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and multitask
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work full-time, including evenings and weekends as needed during summer operations
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.