You’re part of a proud tradition when you work with us at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From our humble beginnings in 1946 as Santa Claus Land, America’s first theme park has grown into a world-class attraction in the heart of Santa Claus, Indiana. Holiday World’s top-ranked coasters and attractions, along with its lovingly restored and maintained classic rides, are matched only by Splashin’ Safari water park—the Water Coaster Capital of the World. Since 1946, the parks have been owned and operated by the Koch family, and that makes all the difference. When you work for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, we treat you like family because we are a family.
The Entertainment Technical Coordinator is responsible for all technical needs of the Entertainment & Special Events department at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. This position coordinates the technical production staff and equipment operations for a dynamic entertainment facility with 6+ venues, operates lighting and audio equipment, and serves as a key member of the entertainment and event planning and production team.
Anticipated start date of January 3, 2024
- Inventory, maintain, and coordinate repairs for all necessary equipment needed for shows and events, including but not limited to sound, lighting, and special effect equipment
- Prepare all entertainment venues for shows, including pre-season coordination of audio and lighting programming, active involvement in rehearsals and tech-weeks, daily quality control, and post-season shut-down and winterization
- Coordinate annual equipment rental packages as needed for specific production needs
- Coordinate equipment replacement & repair needs with department management
- Hire, train, schedule, and manage the Entertainment technicians throughout the season
- Regularly operate shows throughout the season
- Edit music and playlists for various show and special event needs throughout the park
- Serve as Entertainment MOD (rotation)
- Actively participate in special event creative development and production including all technical planning, prop design and fabrication, and event load-in and load-out
- Actively participate in Entertainment creative development and production as assigned
- Actively participate in Entertainment team member management as assigned
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Music editing experience
- Board/ console experience
- Rigging experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to be flexible and re-prioritize tasks frequently
- High degree of professional integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new software programs
- Willingness to travel overnight to attend and participate in seminars, meetings, and conferences out of town
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work full-time
- Acceptable scores of technical and psychological assessments
- Acceptable pre-employment drug screen, credit check, and background check
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari offers competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401(k) match, bonus program, PTO accrual program, tuition discounts and reimbursements, free season passes and tickets, and much more!
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
For the safety of our Guests and our staff, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari conducts background checks on all applicants aged 18 or older and we follow all federal and state laws, FCRA regulations and EEOC guidance regarding the use of criminal records in the hiring process. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an applicant or employee from employment.