COMMUNITY MANAGER - Student & Affiliate Housing
Redstone's Community Manager is a role that has a direct impact on our Student & Affiliate Housing. Under the supervision of the Director of Community Management, this position supports company and property operations at one or more of our Student/Affiliate housing properties. The role also requires relations and collaboration affiliated partners and the building owners.
The role requires some background in management as the position holds a supervisory role, in conjunction with the Director of Community Management, for the Leasing Coordinator of Student & Affiliate Housing.
The role requires an outgoing, organized, compassionate, and enthusiastic professional capable of assisting the Student & Affiliate housing team, supporting residents and collaborating with Redstone Finance and Administration colleagues. The role serves as the first point of contact with residents and will effectively balance operational goals and resident support services.
Reports to: Director of Community Management
Supervises: Leasing Coordinator, Student & Affiliate Housing
Wage Status: Salaried; Exempt
- Team leader for management of satellite office located at one of Redstone’s Student/Affiliate housing properties.
- Maintain contact and distribution lists for building residents.
- Manage the recruitment, training, and supervision of student staff (if applicable).
- Field resident service calls and coordinate scheduling with residents to arrange access to areas for maintenance and service vendors.
- Manage parking permit application process.
- Answer phones, maintain phone system, and greet walk-in clients.
Student & Affiliate Leasing & Marketing-
- Support work of property Leasing Coordinator to ensure that property is rented to fullest capacity, including assisting with marketing initiatives and strategies to advertise and secure prospective residents.
- Support preparation of leasing documents as needed.
- Effectively learn and utilize online document management tools and electronic application processes in support of leasing process.
- Utilize and plan marketing strategies to secure prospective tenants, while staying within a set marketing budget. Take lead role in online and electronic marketing efforts including development of student housing websites.
- Clearly communicate about the communities to prospective residents and families (i.e. application process, utility information, building amenities, parking and pet/service animal policies).
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals and operate asset in owners' best interest.
- Assist with collection of rents and ensure checks are collected, posted, and deposited in a timely manner.
- Support resident outreach around outstanding rents/delinquencies.
- Troubleshoot tenant billing/payment errors and discrepancies and work with Redstone finance team colleagues on billing/payment corrections.
Resident Support & Retention Efforts-
- Address resident concerns and requests on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, etc.).
- Draft and distribute resident communications, effectively utilizing a range of mediums to convey company and community information to residents in a timely fashion.
- Consistently implement policies of the community, as directed.
- Manage apartment entry and mailbox access for residents, including organization of master key sets, administering door access technology, and working alongside maintenance team to address key and lock tickets.
- Expected to provide unparalleled customer service, creating a strong sense of community for all residents.
- Collaborate with maintenance team colleagues on appearance of property, reporting any needed repairs on a timely basis.
- Support maintenance team by serving as a liaison with residents around routine maintenance requests, preventative maintenance work, and emergency maintenance needs.
- Support annual apartment turnovers, including move-ins and move-outs, and termination procedures.
Partnership Relations Management-
- Work closely with the Director of Community Management to provide unparalleled customer service to our building owners and affiliated partners.
- Support in creating weekly or monthly leasing reporting.
- In partnership with the Director of Community Management, address concerns and requests on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Support in creating policies and procedures based on the needs of our partners.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train team members.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling, and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Document performance problems appropriately, communicate situations to supervisor.
- Provide support to staff to encourage teamwork and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
Essential Job Functions:
We are one Redstone! Our team works collaboratively and proactively to deliver exemplary customer service in support of our service standards: Safety, Courtesy, Inclusivity, Efficiency, and Pride of Place. Redstone is looking for a candidate that consistently exhibits a professional communication style and positive attitude and can pivot quickly. This essential role will work at a satellite, on-property office, and must be comfortable working independently to deliver exemplary customer service. The position requires critical thinking and sound judgement to make timely recommendations for essential property and organizational improvements. We are looking for a strong communicator who is comfortable working with a diverse group of personalities in a respectful way. Our preferred candidate will hold a college degree, be able to adapt to the changing needs of projects, promote team values, and exhibit self-direction.
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook or otherwise communicated (verbally or writing) to employees.
- Valid driver's license, along with reliable transportation and vehicle insurance are required to carry out the duties of this position.