FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Security Officer maintains a safe and secure environment by patrolling company grounds, checking deliveries, and controlling the entrance and exit of contractors and guests. The Security Officer will also control employee entrance and exit from the facility, ensuring badges are swiped and no contraband is brought into or taken out of the facility.
- Secures premises and employee safety by patrolling property; continuously monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points; permitting entry.
- Reports all incidents that occur on company premises and all information received concerning violations of policies, rules, or regulations to the appropriate employee.
- Inspects all personal containers and vehicles entering or exiting the premises for unauthorized items.
- Enforces the system of employee identification and key control.
- Acts in the best interests of the company in the event of emergencies (i.e. espionage, sabotage, fires, accidents, riots, or the commission of criminal acts or policy violations).
- Makes routine written or special reports as prescribed.
- Uses sound judgement to de-escalate a confrontational situation and the use of physical force and firearms.
- Actively supports and promotes safety and environmental programs.
- Escorts contractors, guests, or employees on campus as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Two years of experience in law enforcement, armed private security, or equivalent preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional requirements of this position include:
- Ability to effectively communicate with others at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Ability to make timely decisions and react well under pressure.
- Ability to meet productivity standards.
- Ability to observe and promote safety and security procedures.
- Adaptability to changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated safe handling and correct use of firearms and ammunition. Demonstrates proficiency in firearms qualification (minimum score of 85%) every six months.
SLED Regulatory Requirements (Armed):
- U.S. citizenship
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have not been convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude
- Have not unlawfully used drugs
- Have passed a pre-employment drug test
- Have been discharged from military service with favorable conditions discharge, General or Honorable
- Have successfully completed any other requirements imposed by South Carolina Code of Laws, Title 40, Chapter 18 or the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
- Assigned firearms
- ASP baton
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- Successful completion of the SLED Basic Primary training within six months and SLED Primary Plus training program within the first year of employment.
- Successful completion within 6-months of employment an FNA EHS approved First Responder training program including Preventing Disease Transmission, First Aid/CPR/AED program, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration within six months of employment.
Position located in a typical manufacturing facility. May be exposed to dangerous chemicals and machinery and loud noises when on the plant floor. May be exposed to temperature extremes while patrolling the facility grounds.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor