Who Are We:
FRG | The Financial Risk Group, Inc. is a risk management consulting firm based in Cary, NC. We are dedicated to providing premier risk management advisory and implementation services to clients around the world. Essentially, we help clients maximize the effectiveness AND the value of their investments in risk management technology and processes.
Given our core skills are in technology, data, and analytics we are constantly looking into innovative ways to incorporate them into new client offerings or solutions.
We are looking for a summer intern who has a passion for full-stack development, an interest in financial risk management, and is looking for an opportunity to grow. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply.
What You'll Do:
- Code Development: Working on the development of various code related to the company's operations and projects.
- Code Testing: Conducting rigorous testing of the developed code to ensure their efficiency and reliability.
- Code Review: Participating in the review process of code developed by team members.
- Documentation: Generating comprehensive documentation for all code development and related activities.
A successful candidate will gain:
- Job experience: Hands-on experience in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
- Programming experience: Exposure to practical programming challenges and problem-solving techniques.
- Banking Knowledge: Insight into the intricate workings of the banking industry and financial systems.
- Great work environment: Opportunity to thrive in a collaborative and supportive work culture that fosters professional growth and development.
- Currently enrolled in a degree granting institution.
- Programming skills in Go, Python, or related languages.
- Strong verbal, written, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in our Cary, NC office.
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
- Computer science knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: parsing, parallel processing, numerical analysis, security, databases or ML.
- Knowledge of banking or finance
- Knowledge of time series modeling