Exegy is a global leader in intelligent market data, advanced trading systems, and future-proof technology. Backed by Marlin Equity Partners, Exegy serves as a trusted partner to the complete ecosystem of the buy-side, sell-side, exchanges, and financial services technology firms around the globe. For more information, please visit www.exegy.com.
The Senior Network Engineer will play a crucial role in supporting Exegy’s network infrastructure. This role involves network administration, device maintenance, and collaboration with vendors to ensure the smooth operation of network services. The ideal candidate should possess a strong technical background, extensive experience with network equipment and services, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while contributing to project planning and execution.
- Provide day-to-day support & assistance to Exegy Network Engineering team on network issues across business critical Exegy Production, Corporate and Development networks.
- Perform day-to-day network administration and maintain all network and security devices and systems to allow Exegy Network Engineering team to concentrate on design and execution of network management handover for SuperFeed, DMA and Metro products to relevant vendors.
- Work with vendors providing network support to troubleshoot and resolve issues or roll out changes to hosted production environments.
- Work with Exegy Network Engineers to plan and implement network changes to support business decisions.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- Solid technical background with 5+ years’ experience in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware and telecommunications
- Strong experience in installing, configuring and maintaining network services, equipment and devices
- Proven experience with Juniper, Cisco, Arista switching.
- Experience with Mellanox Infiband switches a plus.
- Multicast experience desired.
- Experience with RoCE a plus.
- Experience with routing protocols including but not limited to BGP / OSPF
- Good understanding of subnetting, VLANs, VLAN tagging, NAT
- Strong experience configuring IPSec VPNs, GRE tunnelling
- Demonstrate good network security practices
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders across a wide variety of teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Capable of working effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Contribute to technical aspects of project delivery, planning and risk management
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Software or Electronic Engineering or other related discipline; or a proven track record of practical experience in a similar environment
- Datacentre experience including racking and patching of devices
- Knowledge and experience configuring and maintaining Fortinet, Checkpoint, Juniper SRX, and Cisco ASA firewalls.