Looking for something more than just a job, for a community and great purpose to your work?
Join Warm Beach Camp Ministries; as a team member at Black Diamond Camp, Auburn, WA or Warm Beach Camp, Stanwood, WA, that serves on a dynamic team focused on Christ-centered hospitality! This position will build a strong team in the kitchen to produce outstanding meals for guests and campers. This position directs the kitchen operations and culinary experience for optimal guest satisfaction, employee training and moral, safety and efficiency. A main aspect of this position will be the opportunity to build and mentor a team of food service staff (primarily in the high-school, college ages) to contribute to life-changing mission and help ensure a positive experience for our guests.
SPECIFICS & COMPESNATION: Pay rate will start at $24.00/hour up to $27.00/hour depending on skills and experience.
Position starts as soon as possible. This is a full-time, year round position of 40 hours a week.
Shifts will primarily be weekends with some week days as well.
On campus housing is available.
Forgivable moving loan available to help relocate.
Paid Holidays, 2 weeks of paid Vacation, Sick Leave and paid PTO.
Health Insurance, Dental, Vision and other insurance policies at no cost or small cost to the employee.
Retirement 403-b and company match towards this.
Benefits also include the Christian community and eternal purpose in the work that you would do, great work environment and friendly staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out and oversee the day-to-day ministry of hospitality through food services, including cooking and staff supervision.
- Ensure that the County Health code and WBC safety plan is followed in all areas of Food Services.
- Oversee the menu, recipes, and ordering of the food and supplies.
- Maintain Nutritional information for guests.
- Cook meals and supervise meal periods as needed.
- Make sure that guest needs are met or exceeded.
- Handle and delegate any special guest requests.
- Oversee the serving of food to guests several times per week as a visible on-the-floor manager and host.
- Code invoices and submit weekly to the Business Office.
- Work with the Hospitality Services Director or General Manager to provide staffing.
- Conduct hiring, orientation, on-boarding and training.
- Continuously develop professional capacity of the team.
- Overall supervision of department staff.
- Meet with employees for any needed conflict resolution and disciplinary action.
- Make sure that Minor Work Code is followed.
- Maintain compliance with all labor laws.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
At Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center, our mission is to provide Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
General Qualifications: The standard qualifications for being on Warm Beach Camp staff is being willing and able in good conscience to support our statement of faith, values and mission as an Evangelical Christian, non-profit ministry. We are looking for someone who is experienced in an industrial kitchen, menu planning, supervising employees etc. We are also looking for a person who has strong attention to detail, accurate and good follow-through. Must have strong customer service skills and be a clear communicator and must be willing to work varied shifts including weekends and evenings as scheduled to serve guest groups and events.