As a member of the Hospitality team, the employee in this position will provide leadership and coordination for the cleaning and setup of guest facilities, monitoring supplies and inventory and coordinate laundry services. This employee will also support all operational departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests. This position requires a flexible schedule of weekend, midweek, and evening on-call time. Regular attendance is essential for this position. Punctuality and adherence to a published departmental work schedules is expected and required. This employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, leadership, staff and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide department leadership and supervision for Accommodations and Laundry.
- Schedule cleaning of facilities to coincide with guest use.
- Inventory, order and maintain cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Maintain laundry and linens.
- Inventory, order and maintain furniture, mattress and linens.
- Work with maintenance department and pest control contractors as needed.
- Assist in planning and accomplishing projects that enhance and improve the guest experience.
- Ensure regular cleaning of public spaces either personally or in coordination with the Hospitality Director.
Supervises up to 10 employees during assigned cleaning shifts. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exist to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and biblical truth.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Critical Skills for this position include the following:
- Strong customer services skills - communication, presentation, phone, conflict resolution, empathy, problem-solving and listening skills.
- Clear and effective verbal communicator.
- Ability to work with established procedures.
- Servant's Heart and ability to work in a team environment.
- Flexibility and aptitude to change focus and attention pleasantly as needs of the moment require.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp new training.
- Availability to work weekends and evenings on a rotational basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler's permit
Employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.