Expected to have adequate banking knowledge to answer basic questions for customers, direct customers to appropriate bank personnel when necessary, and accurately complete banking transactions and balancing procedures.
- Handles customer service account transactions which may include verifying incoming cash, accurately dispersing cash, accepting various deposits and payments, and cashing checks.
- Verifying account balances, giving out account information to customer, and printing copies of items from customer accounts.
- Selling Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Gift Cards to customers as requested.
- Completing cash advance transactions.
- Answer phone and/or complete telephone transfers when customer service is not available.
- Various other duties as assigned. May include, but not limited to: processing customer bank statements accurately, operating coin sorter, wrapping coin, balancing vault, coin machine and recycler, operating postage machine, etc.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
Previous Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Attention to Detail.
- Building and maintaining healthy colleague relationships.
- Represents employer in a professional manner to all internal and external contacts when conducting bank business.
- A natural positive and upbeat attitude; quick to smile and make others smile.
- A spirit of service and desire to help others.
- Creative real-time problem solving.
- Demonstrates PPB Core Values: Greater Good, Relationships, Enjoyment, Action & Accountability.
Critical Skills and Physical Requirements
- Professional, strong communication skills, and able to multi-task and organize priorities. Must have strong analytical skills and be able to develop and interpret reports.
- Attend trade and industry training and professional development seminars.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and more with assistance.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Windows;
- Team orientation and the ability to adapt in a fun, fast-paced environment;
- Self-motivation, good organization skills, and excellent communication skills.