WHY WR? WithersRavenel is looking for people who are passionate about collaboration, community, and client success. Your reward for sharing your talent with us? OWNERSHIP. As a 100% employee-owned company, every employee is an owner—which adds a powerful and unique dimension to our vibrant company culture and purposeful work.
Our employee owners say they love a lot of things about WithersRavenel, but the things most often cited are our amazing people and team-first atmosphere, our focus on their professional development and growth, and our commitment to the communities in which we work and live.
Bring your talent and collaborative spirit and join our team of employee owners at WithersRavenel!
We have an opening for a Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Project Manager within our Geomatics Practice Area. This position will be in-person working out of our Cary, North Carolina office.
The SUE Project Manager should be capable of performing subsurface utility engineering and has experience with Electromagnetic (EM) and Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) equipment. This individual should have strong decision-making skills and an understanding of subsurface utilities and is responsible for contributing towards a positive and collaborative working environment with other technicians and crew chiefs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate resource needs with Team members and other Departments
- Forecast workload and address gaps or excessive workloads
- Manage projects, oversee and delegate tasks, and engage in completion of project tasks as needed
- Communicate with project team members, client representatives, review agencies, and others as appropriate to the project.
- Supervise project team in application design, development, testing, and deployment
- Maintain the overall quality of work with accuracy and thoroughness to meet regulatory requirements of the company and client
- Ensure field crews are accurately and efficiently collecting field data and locating features.
- Manage time effectively, organize, and work on multiple projects simultaneously to meet project deadlines and client needs
- Foster a positive environment; engage in Company, Department, and Team meetings routinely, team building efforts, and community involvement
- Coordinate and be available to travel frequently to client locations for onsite kickoff, progress, and deliverable meeting
- Invoice assigned projects and provide projections to company leadership
- Respond to customer inquiries professionally and promptly
- Upload and download field crew survey data and process through Carlson, Civil3D, and or MicroStation ORD CAD program
- Assist Group Manager in project planning, estimating, scheduling and equipment and supplies inventories
- 5+ years of experience locating underground utilities using SUE equipment (GPR and EM)
- 2+ years of experience leading an SUE Crew.
- Prior work experience with Vacuum Excavation
- Strong working knowledge of utility infrastructures
- Strong client focused relationship skills including communication and organization
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven problem-solving skills and the ability to make accurate and informed decisions
- Flexibility to travel and stay overnight for certain out-of-town work.
- Process oriented
- Possess strong technical skills and a good sense of direction
The assignment may require infrequent evening/weekend work. Candidates should enjoy working in collaborative, fast-paced, and client-driven environment.
The assignment may occasionally require repetitive physical tasks (such as operating a computer), standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time, extended time travelling in a vehicle, and carrying equipment and materials up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
WithersRavenel is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, military service, or other non-merit factors protected by federal, state, or local laws. At WithersRavenel, we strive to build and nurture a culture where diversity, inclusivity, and belonging are a normal part of doing business, not an initiative. We know through experience that different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds create a stronger and more creative work environment that delivers better results. By hiring highly talented people who align with our Core Values, we continue to enrich and broaden our ownership community, as well as the employee and client experience. This purposeful approach to diversity and inclusion leads to greater commitment, collaboration, and effectiveness in our culture, work, and lives.