Contessa offers a unique opportunity for individuals interested in being part of an organization leading the country in redefining the way care is provided to patients. Contessa’s Home Recovery Care model brings all the essential elements of inpatient care to the comfort and convenience of a patient’s home. The model enables provider organizations and health plans to deliver high-quality, safe and affordable care to patients with non-life-threatening conditions. At Contessa, you will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on the lives of patients and be at the forefront of shaping a pioneering space in the health care industry.
The Senior Vice President, Growth & Development will champion Contessa’s primary goal - building strong partnerships with leading health systems, provider organizations and payers to deliver high-quality clinical outcomes at lower costs. The SVP, G&D will be responsible for leading all major activities associated with market growth including the sourcing and closing of partnerships with new clients and managing implementation efforts with pending partners. The SVP, G&D will implement avenues of growth by prospecting new clients, identifying untapped markets, and broadening the company’s addressable market. This key position will shepherd all stages of the business development process including the execution of all partnerships to ensure a smooth transition into implementation and operations. This is a highly visible, executive-level position that will work across all departments and client groups to drive sustained, profitable growth for Contessa and our partners.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with leading payer, hospital and provider decision-makers to secure new business and maximize the value delivered by Contessa.
• Oversee all business development activities by establishing and implementing the most effective strategies and approaches to meet strategic and financial targets. Achievement of aggressive business growth goals, while managing a reliable pipeline of new clients and forecasting responsibilities, is critical to success.
• Identify/evaluate financial feasibility of prospective business opportunities by developing plans for new joint ventures that hold potential for a high degree of success based on customer capabilities and market specific dynamics.
• Analyze and prepare detailed business plans incorporating financial forecasts/projections, capital contribution sensitivities, and strategic growth alternatives.
• Prioritize, and control projects that relate to the selection, acquisition, and development of new business initiatives.
• Spearhead leadership meetings with potential clients, partners and internal executive teams that include presenting clinical service line strategies, strategic alternatives and financial outcomes.
• Lead and mentor an outstanding team of business development directors responsible for supporting growth initiatives and client implementations.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred
• 10 + years of progressive experience managing and directing business development within a healthcare organization with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role required.
• Extensive experience building “C” suite relationships, negotiating and closing contracts, meeting and/or exceeding revenue and profit goals.
• Experience as a healthcare consultant, investment banker or private equity investor preferred.
• Experience forming and executing value-based care arrangements with health plans preferred.
• Experience negotiating complex, transactional partnerships including joint ventures preferred.
• Demonstrated experience constructing, presenting and executing a successful business development plan.
• Demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated, appropriate, and effective business development presentations tailored to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to inspire people to action through articulate vision and direction, influence, and persuasion. Proven ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and build processes to deliver results.
• Assertive presenter with a strong aptitude to communicate clearly and effectively. Enjoys presenting to key decision makers with a natural ability to confidently address challenging questions and concerns.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and judgment. Ability to maintain excellent working relationships across departments, understanding the need to bring in key team members at the appropriate time during the business development life cycle.
• Entrepreneurial self-starter who shows readiness to roll up one’s sleeves and do whatever it takes to ensure team success. Demonstrates confidence and humility with an eagerness to dive “into the weeds” to help achieve company goals.
• The position will be based in Nashville, TN but will require an extensive amount of travel.
• Successful completion of a background check and drug screening in compliance with Contessa policies.
Our team members are our greatest asset. That’s why you’ll find that Contessa has built a culture around trust, open communication, and a unified desire to change the way healthcare is being delivered. It’s important to us that you like your job, are motivated by the work you do every day and feel supported by your team. Contessa offers a generous compensation and benefits package, a strong belief in a healthy work-life balance and great opportunities for career growth.