The purpose of this position is to provide leadership for Outdoor Education programs, to continuously improve Outdoor Education programs and to expand to Black Diamond Camp. This position will also support other Warm Beach Camp programs and all facets of the Warm Beach Camp Ministry. This position shall at all times work cooperatively with colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance is essential for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Program Development:
- Work collaboratively with Camp leadership and others to develop Outdoor Education programs
- Develop outdoor education curriculum.
- Collaboratively develop goals and measurements of effectiveness for program components.
- Work collaboratively with schools to identify program goals, classes, program schedule, etc. for each group.
- Develop curriculum and programs for Black Diamond Camp.
- Build staff teams at Warm Beach Camp and Black Diamond Camp to carry out the Outdoor Education programs.
- Work with the Business Development Team to increase the number of schools attending our camps for Outdoor Education.
- Work collaboratively with the other program directors, incorporating desired elements of environmental education and stewardship initiatives into other programs.
- Support global partnership ministries and other programs as needed.
- With appropriate outside input, maintain a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Maintain the fiscal sustainability of the program.
- Enhance Warm Beach Camp's and Black Diamond Camp's connection to relevant agencies, locally and nationally.
2. Program Implementation and Evaluation
- Formulate and work within approved budgets.
- Plan schedules, obtain resources, organize assets, and communicate effectively with other departments at camp.
- Collaborate with camp staff in providing exceptional service to groups.
- Provide safe experiences for guests and staff; adhere to Warm Beach Camp Ministries Safety Plan.
- Develop partnerships and volunteers as a resource base for program/curriculum development and volunteerism.
- Serve as team leader for Outdoor Education programs.
- Rigorously evaluate program effectiveness.
- Support the marketing and communication of programs in a way consistent with and in cooperation with Warm Beach Camp Ministries brand guidelines and marketing team.
3. Staffing and Supervision
- Follow Warm Beach Camp Ministries personnel policies and guidelines in the selection, training, supervising, evaluating, and releasing of personnel.
- Fully support and engage with the staff recruiting process.
- Serve as field supervisor for program interns as needed.
- Maintain healthy relationships with staff, campers, parents, and volunteers.
- Fully engage in the utilization of volunteers to accomplish program goals.
- Implement Warm Beach Camp Ministries Safety Plan.
4. Facility Care and Development
- Maintain and enhance the interpretive elements of camp property with special attention to Warm Beach Camp's wastewater treatment plant area.
- Work collaboratively with Camp leadership in the on-going development of facilities appropriate to the programs being offered.
- Seek ways to make improvements to existing facilities consistent with quality control standards of the organization.
- Responsibly care for equipment and supplies for maximum stewardship.
- Work with Camp leadership involving environmental stewardship initiatives ministry-wide.
- Serve cooperatively with the Warm Beach Camp Ministries program teams for the success of all camp programs and guest groups.
- Maintain necessary certifications.
- Attend Manager meetings regularly.
- Work effectively within Warm Beach Camp Ministries administrative processes related to finances, human resources, risk management, and overall inter-departmental communication.
- Cross-train into other Warm Beach Camp departments as necessary
- Be willing and able to be on call 24 hours a day for questions, emergencies, etc.
- Support the overall goals of Warm Beach Camp Ministries and perform other duties as assigned.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Black Diamond Camp, we exist to inspire Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationship and biblical truth.
At Warm Beach Christian Camps and Conference Center, we exist to provide
Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Supervises up to 15 seasonal and/or hourly employees, in addition to year-round interns and volunteers. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and a commitment to the Lordship of Christ in every area of life.
- Desire to inspire the wonder of creation in others.
- Communicates clearly in writing and verbally.
- Willing and able to work supportively with the education goals and limitations of the public schools.
- Is willing to support the philosophy and goals of Warm Beach Camp Ministries and of the Outdoor Education Program in attitude, speech and action.
- Has the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Able to take an "up-front" leadership and communication role, both advocating for programs and with hands-on leadership.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office and incorporate basic technology in carrying out programs.
- Able to efficiently maintain administrative work of the department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
First-Aid and CPR certification
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.