The Accountant performs financial functions related to the collection, accuracy, recording, analysis and presentation of the Company's financial operations. Included within these functions are a variety of administrative roles.
The Accountant will compile and record transactions to the balance sheet and income statement accounts of the Company, maintain supporting documentation of those transactions, and reconcile various accounts on at least a monthly basis. The Accountant will also compile and file various sales and use tax returns on behalf of the company, and insure that all taxes are paid correctly and timely. Various daily, weekly and monthly reporting duties will also be within the scope of the position. The Accountant will provide “as needed” support to others within the department, including the Assistant Controller, the Controller and the CFO.
- Maintain the Company’s Daily Cashbook
- Oversee the Company’s employee expense reporting
- Perform an Accounts Payable check run on at least a weekly basis
- Compile and post various General Ledger journal entries
- Perform various balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Update various schedules for month-end and year-end reporting
- Assist with the Company’s month-end closing process to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Compile, calculate and file various states’ sales and use tax returns on a monthly basis
- Investigate issues related to the General Ledger and financial statements
- Perform analysis of various Balance Sheet and Income Statement accounts
- Cross train in other areas of the accounting department such as AR, AP and Fixed Assets
- Assist Receptionist in covering the phone and front desk as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Controller, Controller or CFO
- 10 key by touch
- Intermediate to expert level Microsoft Excel experience (examples to be provided)
- Familiarity with data mining is highly desired
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
2 to 3 years of commensurate accounting experience
College Degree or Equivalent
WORK CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Employee must have normal manual dexterity and be able to effectively manipulate keyboard and phone. Light lifting may be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position with Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. dba Toyota Material Handling Systems, (“TMHS”). TMHS and Advanced Material Handling, LLC are affiliated entities under common ownership. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and/or responsibilities. TMHS reserves the right to amend or change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Atlanta Fork Lifts, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace