Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The position of Customer Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the branch operational and customer support activities in a central Customer Service Team. Opens all new accounts for RM’s and BDO’s; assists customers over the phone with their banking needs; recommends appropriate Bank products and services, performs branch clerical duties; maintains expert knowledge of bank products and services; positively represents the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Strive to achieve first call, one call resolution.
- Provides effective customer service by answering phone calls within 2 rings, providing accurate, satisfactory answers and solutions to customer requests, inquiries, or concerns.
- De-escalate and /or escalate situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support.
- Build and maintain positive relationships and engage customers by going above and beyond.
- Works support tickets in an urgent and accurate manner.
- Assists customers in their selection of various accounts, products, and financial services available from the Bank; ensures cross-sell opportunities are presented by applying professional sales techniques.
- Interviews customers to obtain information; establishes proper identification of new customers; determines need and extent of reference investigation; assists customers in completing credit applications.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity; determine balances and resolve problems within given authority.
- May represent the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
- Provides effective customer service by answering customer questions; investigates and corrects errors; and resolves problems or other issues.
- Issues official checks.
- Assists with wire transfers, address changes, check and deposit slip orders, and endorsement stamp orders.
- Gathers data and process various reports and callbacks.
- Trains and mentors less experienced customer support personnel as needed.
- Writes routine letters reports and forms.
- Maintains files, copies, and faxes documents.
- Performs official notary service duties.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience, preferably in a banking or call center environment.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, and write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to deal with routine problems, good organizational and time management skills.?
- Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.?
- Proficient skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet, and account opening software programs.
- Proficient typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Proficient knowledge of general office practices.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.