To provide experiences, supports and training to waiver participants in environments/situations which will result in the greatest positive outcome enabling each individual to develop his/her physical, intellectual, social and emotional capacities to the fullest extent
- To provide training services to the individuals as requested by the individual in conjunction with his/her service plan.
- To provide training, supervision, and assistance to individuals to increase independent skills (self-care, medication management, task completion, communication skills, interpersonal skills, socialization, sensory/motor skills, mobility, community transportation skills, reduction/elimination of maladaptive behaviors, problem-solving skills, money management, and ability to maintain a household).
- To implement the ILST plan as outlined by the service plan.
- To communicate with the service coordinator on at least a monthly basis to the effectiveness of the existing training plan.
- To maintain resident ILST documentation in an accurate and timely method.
- To provide training to the HCSS staff or family members (caregivers) in ILST/HCSS plan strategies and techniques.
- To ensure that choice is always given to residents when involved in activities at home or in the community.
- Document/update all other individual file information as required by service plan.
- To adhere to agency policies and procedures.
- Review/comply with individual protective oversight plan.
- To assist with scheduling and transportation to medical/dental/special appointments, outings as needed.
- Attend monthly supervisions or as scheduled by Assisted Director/designee
- Attend quarterly department meetings.
- Any and all other duties as requested by supervisor.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Assistant Director of DOH Services or designee
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree
- Five (5) years’ experience/or a B.A. degree and three (3) years’ experience, providing functionally based assessments, detailed plans and independent living and self-help skills training to individuals with disabilities.
- Emergency procedures/basic life safety training
- NHTD and TBI training
- Valid NYS Driver's License acceptable to Agency Insurance standards(and valid insurance card if using own vehicle)
- Ability to work independently, organizational skills, reliability in decision making
- Lifting/transferring individuals/items of various weights – up to 50 lbs
- Demonstrated interest and ability to facilitate the personal outcomes of individuals receiving services.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Reading/math skills to perform job duties
- Knowledge and application of regulations pertinent to DOH services.
- Flexibility of schedule to ensure individual care and program implementation.