The File Specialist position includes organization of contract files, ensure documents are in the proper
order, scan documents, move files onto operating system and filed in file center. The file specialist will
also act as a back-up receptionist as needed. This would include answering phones when both
receptionists are unavailable, assist in researching customer data in Aspire to properly transfer,
performing a warm transfer to correct department or individual.
Reports To: Supervisor, Customer Care
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Document Research & Management
- Scans contractual documentation into Aspire, verify all scans are uploaded into the correct account, insures accuracy and completed in a timely manner
- Maintain files for storage according to current retention policies
- Monitor files leaving the file center, including destination location and update file locations in the core system in a prompt and accurate manner
- Assist with internal and/or external audits by delivering file requests in a timely manner
- Assist team members with file location
- Maintains file management to insure files are current, filed appropriately and tidy
- Maintains an efficient and accessible filing system to aid in identifying stage contract file is in.
- Coding Files for proper placement or storage.
- Retrieves current and archived contracts as requested.
- Prepares paid files for archive storage
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain good and positive communication with appropriate departments to ensure files are entered into the system timely.
- Answers central telephone system and direct calls to specific departments or individuals
- Identifies when customers are delinquent to determine if some calls should be transferred to Collections or Customer Care
- Respond to File Center phone calls, emails, in-person requests in order of urgency and/or priority
- Review call notes to accurately transfer calls.
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 to 5 years related experience preferred
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple
- tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional PC skills, including proficiency in MS Office suite as well as customer applications and
- Must be self-motivated with strong initiative, accountability, and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Capable of supporting our Mission Statement, Vision and Core Values
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Organizational Skills
- Time Management/Work Independently
- Collaboration with coworkers and customers
- Customer Orientation/Active Listening
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such
as computers, phones, and copy machine with scanner, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to talk or hear; may be
necessary to stand, walk, handle, or reach with hands or arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however,
some filing is required, calling for the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool
as necessary. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is occasionally
required to pack and move files or boxes as well as lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust
focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position may have access to confidential information. Background check is required for this position.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of Amur Equipment Finance are Monday through Friday, 8:00
a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexibility to occasionally stay late to meet business needs.
Travel is not expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and
activities may change at any time with or without notice.