Who We Are:
We are honored to be named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for five consecutive years! Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. This is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your PJ bottoms at home, or a combination of the two.
KL&A is an IT consulting firm that knocks the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations across the United States to develop creative business solutions through project & program management and custom software applications so they can focus on what’s most important…their mission.
Who You Are:
You thrive in an environment where your versatility can shine. You can juggle multiple projects while easily switching from one task to another, and you’re able to develop and implement solutions based on client needs. You're able to understand the project's immediate needs, as well as visualize its evolution to design something that can grow with the client's business. You enjoy building relationships and becoming a trusted business partner to your clients, finding joy in making their lives easier. You don’t sweat the small stuff and going with the flow is your forte. You’ve mastered the art of teamwork, but flourish as a solo artist when the work demands it. Being a part of something new doesn’t scare you, rather its ambiguity motivates you to learn and grow.
About the Role:
As the Atlassian Administrator, you’ll be a part of building a practice within the KL&A organization that partners with clients to design solutions that address their goals. Day-to-day, you’ll live and breathe Atlassian: implementing, configuring, and customizing instances of Jira and Confluence based on client needs. You will collaborate with your fellow teammates to design and plan the implementation of recommended solutions. By establishing and maintaining successful client relationships, you will recommend solutions, provide product support, anticipate and mitigate risks, and manage project scope.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- 2+ years of relevant experience, with a focus on Atlassian cloud products
- Hands-on experience using, implementing, integrating, maintaining, configuring, and customizing instances of Jira Cloud, Jira Service Management (JSM), Jira Software, Jira Work Management (JWM), and Confluence
- Hands-on experience developing custom configuration and automation for Jira and Confluence, such as Jira workflows, schemes, custom fields, screens, notifications, permissions, queues etc.
- Knowledge of various working practices (Agile/Waterfall/ITSM/ESM) and how to apply them
- Experience working with clients to understand their business processes and requirements to design functional solutions
- Understanding of how business needs drive the implementation approach to solutions
- Experience effectively conveying information to audiences of all skill levels
- Must be self-motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual
- Strong emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to travel to the Okemos, MI office up to four (4) times per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Hold a current Atlassian Certification (ACP)
- Experience in installing, configuring, and rolling-out key marketplace applications, such as Tempo, EazyBI, etc.
- Experience creating and maintaining process maps, flowcharts, and similar artifacts to explain and design processes
- Knowledge of Jira Data Center setup and configuration
- Understanding of change management concepts and other ITIL practices
- Previous software development experience
- Prior experience within the government domain
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- Paid parental leave
- Family building assistance (adoption reimbursement, IVF counseling, etc.)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace Customization Bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting incentives
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Premium healthcare insurance, including medical, dental, and vision for individuals, families, and domestic partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Voluntary insurance options, such as pet, critical illness, AD&D, and life.
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready.) New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.