CREA, LLC is a full-service low-income housing tax credit (LIHTC) syndicator forming long-term relationships with investors and developers that cultivate success and improve lives. With over 20 years in affordable housing, CREA has raised $9.88 billion - resulting in the formation of over 77,000 homes within 849 communities across the country. Thanks to the contribution of over 160 employees, CREA continues to look for talented and passionate individuals who are excited about opportunities to grow with the company. With offices headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, we are currently recruiting for the position of Software Developer.
Physical Presence: In-Office | Tue – Thu; Flexible | Mon & Fri
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana.
Report to: Vice President, Application Development
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Information Technology team who is passionate about solving business challenges with innovative IT solutions. In this role, you will work closely with business and fellow members of IT to identify technology needs, design and implement dynamic, reusable, and scalable web application solutions, respond to user questions and feedback, and develop and maintain CREA’s software solutions. Our ideal candidate is passionate about producing technology-based solutions to address the needs of the organization and identify inefficiencies and improvements that can be made through the use of technology.
- Designs, develops, tests, deploys, and maintains client-side Web-based applications for CREA.
- Develops and maintains internal REST and GraphQL APIs.
- Creates and maintains internal Power Apps and Power Automate solutions.
- Utilizes external APIs for systems integrations and/or data consolidation.
- Designs and updates tables, routines, functions, and views for MySQL databases in accordance with business requirements.
- Converts project specifications to web application solutions using knowledge of programming techniques and existing systems.
- Collaborates with Application Developers and other members of IT to develop holistic technology solutions for CREA.
- Assists users with technical requests and questions, including debugging and recreating user issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a team environment as well as work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively administer sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to interact with Management and employees at all levels.
- We work as a family, investing in each other, worthy causes, and the communities we serve.
- We have integrity in all that we do; we embrace differences and treat others with kindness and respect.
- We believe that, with teamwork, we can accomplish anything and pursue inventive solutions for our clients.