Basic Function: The Inside Sales Rep. will be responsible for interpreting fan specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, or services. This position will support general and technical product application assistance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reviews data received by Sales Representatives and customers to determine material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists and support documentation.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions and participates in special projects as requested by the Sales Manager.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues and to clarify quotation requests.
- Assists with technical and general sales related questions with sales representatives, distributors, customers and prospective customers; as well as internal personnel as required.
- Emphasizes salable features, special features of fans, quotes prices, and prepares orders for orders obtained directly.
- Assists with sales representative, distributors and customer training and plant visits.
- Contacts Sales Representatives to follow up on status of existing proposals or other potential sales leads.
- Generate pricing data for the fan selection software program.
- Travels as required.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Marketing or related field highly preferred.
- Three to five years sales related experience.
- Experience with fan component and assembly knowledge a plus.
- Familiarity with generating pricing based on material cost and labor estimates.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Proficient in the use of Access, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to take lead in projects and attain results with minimal guidance.
- Outstanding Problem Solving skills are also required.
- Knowledge with Intuitive or similar ERP system a plus.