BridgeTower Media is seeking an experienced, digitally savvy Reporter who can work with a strong team to create quality journalism. This position is to cover the Arizona Governor's Office and executive branch. It requires a reporter who can develop sources to gain access to the governor, the governor's staff, and state agencies to provide in-depth, leading coverage.
What skills does the job require?
- 1-3 years of strong journalism experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experience with government reporting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with public speaking
- Ability to build strong relationships with key news sources.
- Reliable home internet connection with minimum 50mbps up/10mbps down
- Reliable transportation
What will you be Responsible for?
- Report on and write news and feature stories for the Arizona Capitol Times and its sister publication, the Yellow Sheet Report.
- Attend and cover political events.
- Develop innovative ideas for writing political and state government news stories.
- Stay updated with the latest political and state government news and events.
- Research political and state government stories and prepare interview questions as required.
- Discuss and develop ideas to write strong and in-depth stories to attract readers.
- Research, write and submit stories within established deadlines.
- Write political and state government stories in unique and interesting ways to increase readership.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What does BridgeTower Media offer?
- A competitive benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life, short- and long-term disability coverages
- Free 24-hour TeleMedicine and TeleCounseling Services
- Unlimited PTO
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401K with a company match
- Summer weekend jumpstart hours
- Growth opportunities to build your career
Who is BridgeTower Media?
BridgeTower Media is one of the country’s leading business-to-business media companies with 44 print and digital publications in more than 20 U.S. markets. BridgeTower Media empowers communities with insights and connections to ignite growth in the business, legal, and construction industries. Through a collection of authoritative media properties and publications across the United States, we have deep relationships in the communities we serve, enabling us to provide unparalleled access to industry leaders and expert information.
BridgeTower Media and all subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and value diversity in our workplace.