IPEG, Inc. is a family of world-leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG is also a corporate entity which provides best in class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers. Our businesses include Conair, the leading producer of auxiliary equipment for plastics processing and Thermal Care, a leading provider of industrial heat transfer solutions.
The Welder uses hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. In addition, this role must follow blueprints, guidelines, and/or diagrams. This position reports to the Fabrication Leader and is located in Pinconning Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits;
- Maintain a safe and organized work station:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions;
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers;
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts from order entry through release to shop floor; Follow all company policies and procedures
- Repair and or modify assembly’s equipment and components on the manufacturing floor.
- Layout, drill and tap holes in welded components and equipment frames.
- Maintain consumables and Departmental inventories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must prove efficiencies in welding Stainless Steel Sheet in varying thickness air and water tight while eliminating warpage.
- Understanding of Metallurgy preferred.
- Position typically expects three (5) to five (15) years of direct/relevant experience based on scope of the position;
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Must possess layout, measuring and basic hand tools.
- Experience with overhead cranes;
- Must be detail-oriented;
- Effective communication skills;
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Mission focused with a sense of urgency when required;
- Must have a positive attitude and foster a continuous improvement environment.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.