Incarnate Word High School, an all-girls Catholic high school sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, seeks a part-time Infield Softball Coach with 3-5 yrs of experience for the 2023-2024 school year.
This position reports to the Athletic Director of Incarnate Word High School (IWHS).
***Please submit a softball coaching resume***
· Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
· Assesses student’s skills and assigns team infield positions
· Develops a regular infielder's practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development
· Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary
· Coaches and instructs students, individual or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport
· Observes infielders, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement
· Determines infield game strategy bases on the team’s capabilities
· Establishes and maintains standards for behavior and always provides proper supervision of students
· Monitors the academic performances of the infielders to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student-athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
· Follows established procedures in the event of an injury
· Conferences with parents/guardians as necessary regarding the performance of their student-athlete.
· Follows TAPPS regulations
· Models sport-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards cheerleaders, officials and spectators
· Acts as a team representative and promotes the softball program
· Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance and requisitioning of equipment, supplies and uniforms
· Participates in special activities to include parents’ night, banquets, awards night and pep assemblies
· Works with the Athletic Director with eligibility, equipment inventory and other related paperwork
· Attends athletic meetings, clinics and other professional activities to improve coaching performance
· Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal/CEO and Athletic Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents and students
- Understanding of the mission of Incarnate Word High School
- Successful completion of VIRTUS and background check
- High School Diploma