Our Surveillance Operators work in a fast-paced casino/cardroom environment at Silicon Valley’s premier 24/7 entertainment destination. Casino M8trix is looking for motivated, highly observant professionals to join our Surveillance Team, helping us take our customer satisfaction to the next level of excellence.
The job of the Surveillance Operator is to provide security surveillance and assistance to all operations of the casino.
- A MINIMUM of 2 years of experience in surveillance or loss prevention.
- Knowledge of and experience with CCTV and surveillance operations systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of casino games (Poker, Blackjack, Baccarat, etc.) is HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Must possess excellent observation and communication skills.
- Strong ability to identify and detect any unusual activity, schemes, or cheating activity aimed at the casino or casino guests.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite products, especially Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Advanced report writing skills with strong ability to accurately recall specific events.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully pass background check with SJPD Division of Gambling Control.
If you would like to join our dynamic Surveillance team, you will bring the following traits to the position:
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend/implement effective solutions.
- Critical thinker with strong ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Skilled proficiency in reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy manuals.
- Strong ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, directors, game attendants, San Jose Police Department and other various government agencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to express and exchange ideas and instructions.
- High level of professionalism with ability to partner with other departments and external contacts.
- Ability to complete a high-volume workload and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work Hours and Availability:
Casino M8trix is hiring for: Grave Shift: (11:00 PM to 7:00 AM). Must be available to work full-time, weekends and holidays. Some flexibility required..
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting compensation is $21.00 to $26.00 per hour, depending on experience. Employee benefits are available for all qualifying full-time employees, including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and life insurance. In addition, employees receive a 20% discount on food, non-alcoholic beverages, and Casino M8trix merchandise. Position available for a signing bonus of up to $1,000. Bonuses only applicable to specific positions, and terms and conditions apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. By providing your mobile number and contact information, you hereby expressly consent to Casino M8trix calling, texting, and/or contact you regarding your employment application.
Casino M8trix is an equal opportunity employer and no employee, applicant, or candidate for hiring, promotion, training, or other benefit shall be discriminated against or given preference based on an individual’s, or their associates or relatives’, race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other category or status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy governs all aspects of our employment.