The Center Director for Operation Smile’s (OS) Cebu Comprehensive Cleft Care Center of Excellence (COE) is the key leader for overseeing the establishment, operations, government and hospital relations, and development fundraising for long-term growth and success. This includes developing and executing the strategic plan for the COE and collaborating with extensive stakeholders to ensure the center’s vision, mission, and long-term objectives. The Center Director works regularly and directly with the Operation Smile Philippines (OSP) Executive Director and Operation Smile International (OSI) Director of Global Project Development and Regional Director to drive the strategic, operational and programmatic growth of the Cebu COE. Further, the Center Director works closely with OSP medical leadership, partners, medical advisory committee, board of trustees, and other OSI departments to ensure high quality care and efficiency on all programmatic activities. This role requires a proven track record in nonprofit management, strategic planning and growth, partner and donor cultivation, and program success. The Center Director reports directly to the OSP Executive Director and interim to the OSI Director of Global Project Development.
Center Management and Program Implementation
* Managing a group of related projects and activities to achieve outcomes and strategic objectives.
- Assume direct responsibility for daily management of the Center establishment and ongoing program advancement. This includes day-to-day facilitation between stakeholders, project implementation, advancement of workstream deadlines, operational growth, and all related activities, to include planning, oversight of implementation, budget management, identifying risks, stakeholder communication, and reporting.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for consistent and ongoing growth of Cebu COE operations, patient services, medical education, development, partners, and administration.
- Actively identify and rectify gaps in programmatic implementation and operations that may impact the success of the overall Center.
- Ensure all medical activities are conducted in accordance with Operation Smile’s Global Medical Standards. Work directly alongside medical leadership and advisors daily.
- Adhere to and champion Operation Smile’s long-term strategy and tools for increasing patient care and medical education programs. Consult with and inform OSP Executive Director, OSI Regional Director, and key OSI leadership for consistent alignment.
* Administration of business practices to create the highest level of efficiency possible within an organization.
- Lead the center’s nonprofit operations, financial practices, resource allocation, and development to strengthen operations and ensure effectiveness within the Cebu COE.
- Alongside the Executive Director and Regional Director, work with global, regional and program country representatives to create and/or update strategic work plans on an annual and multi-year basis for the Cebu COE, leading ongoing evaluation.
- Develop and expand our programmatic offerings at the Cebu COE to align with Foundation and global initiatives, business strategy, and the organization’s values and principles.
- Lead the adoption of global operating standards, while ensuring proper alignment within the OSP operation practices, Medical Council, and OSI medical and quality leadership.
- Lead the hiring, onboarding and training of new Center staff in relation to programs and the advancement of the Center.
- Ensure compliance with local healthcare regulations and nonprofit governance standards.
Business Development and Fundraising
* Ability of an individual or organization to fundraise, develop, and build long-term development partnerships.
- Lead major donor and corporate partnership proposals and engagement for current and new partners on a local and international scale.
- Collaborate on a cross-disciplinary team (OS Philippines and OS International) to produce creative initiatives and engagement materials for prospective global corporate funders.
- Encourage effective participation of programmatic implementers, data analysts and internal, and external subject matter experts for medium to large grant opportunities.
- Manage a multitude of timelines and partner expectations (short and long-term) around developing competitive funding proposals.
- Lead renewal application processes for foundation and corporate grants.
- Serve as the primary representative for the Cebu COE for development and partnership opportunities.
* Ability of an individual or organization to "lead" or guide other individuals, teams, or entire organizations.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and strategic growth and impact of the Center, including patient care, medical team coordination, and programmatic success.
- Serve as a leader through exemplary display and propagation of the organization’s values.
- Work in concert with the OS Philippines Executive Director, Board of Trustees, and Global Leadership across all departments to implement and maintain efficient administrative and operational processes.
- Supervise, lead, and mentor staff, including medical and non-medical leaders and their professional growth, goal setting, and advancement as a team at the Cebu COE.
* Process used to engage relevant stakeholders for a purpose, to ultimately achieve desired outcomes.
- Liaise with and cultivate a positive, ongoing relationship with hospital partners, Ministries of Health, government bodies, NGOs, vendors, media, and other key partners.
- Serve as a global ambassador and representative of the organization for local, regional and international stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with staff, medical advisory council, and OSI leadership.
- Organize and participate in outreach programs, awareness campaigns, community engagements, and educational initiatives.
- Attend and actively engage in various regional and international meetings as required.
- University (BA/BS) in business, healthcare management, nonprofit management, or a related field; Master’s Degree in related field is a valued addition.
- 10+ years of proven professional experience with an international agency, nonprofit, or healthcare organization in leadership and management.
- Strong understanding of business operations, with demonstrated experiences in financial management and budgeting, human resources, governance, strategy, and management.
- Experience working with high level stakeholders, government, and partners is desirable.
- Work experience in an international NGO context is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities for Success:
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with time management, prioritization, adaptability, and problem solving in a fast-paced environment as key strengths.
- Ability to build and maintain strong teams, using high emotional intelligence to continually strengthen relationships and create a positive atmosphere.
- Able to work diplomatically in a global, team-based environment, with various high level stakeholders, including government and community leaders, board members, and partners.
- Highly capable verbal and written communicator in business and multi-cultural context.
- English and Cebuano / Visayan language proficiency is mandatory.
- Local residency in Cebu required.