Casino M8trix is the premiere entertainment destination and casino in San Jose and the Silicon Valley. At Casino M8trix, we have 49 gaming tables featuring games such as Texas Hold’em, Blackjack, Baccarat, Three Card Poker and more. Casino M8trix also features four restaurants. They include the Zone 8 Sports Bar & Grill, with a diverse menu of American and Asian fare and a full bar with giant flat screen HD televisions throughout. For quick bites, we have Lotus Café, featuring freshly brewed beverages and a multitude of sandwiches and fresh-baked pastries. Casino M8trix also provides a full in-house sushi restaurant courtesy of the famous Sushi Confidential. For nightlife, the casino has Epic Bar, located in the heart of the casino. It is the perfect setting for gathering and socializing. Casino M8trix’s tower also features state-of-the-art private VIP Entertainment Venues and two floors of flexible meetings and banquet space that are ideal for business functions, personal celebrations, and parties.
Casino M8trix is looking for a self-motivated, independent professional with a passion for training, auditing, and exceptional attention to detail, who is looking for an exciting opportunity in the casino industry.
The Director of Compliance is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations related to casino and general operations, overseeing the implementation and administration of Company compliance programs, internal controls, reporting systems.
This position is responsible for conducting investigations, audits, and daily review of all gaming related activities to ensure compliance with reporting under the internal reporting system, Title 16, Title 31, Minimum Internal Control Standards, state gaming regulations, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related area from a four-year college or university; eight or more years of experience in compliance, audit, legal, finance or risk management; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant upper-level management experience.
- Current or in progress Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Anti-Money-Laundering Specialist (CFE, ACAMS), or 10+ years of casino, banking corporation, or casino management experience.
- 5+ years of experience implementing Title 31, Chapter X, 1010 and 1021 requirements.
- Exceptional ability to maintain knowledge of, and ensure compliance with Casino M8trix operating procedures, all applicable Title 16 and State Minimum Internal Control Standards, Gaming Regulations, Title 31, and other local, state federal laws/regulations.
- Self-starter with a drive to lead investigations and to recommend changes to department heads.
- Extensive knowledge of casino and general gaming operations and best demonstrated practices.
- Experience with effective leadership techniques and cost benefit analysis required.
- Critical thinker with a pragmatic, non-alarmist approach to issue spotting and problem solving.
- Exceptional ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical skills to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, regulatory agencies, or members of management team.
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting information to employees in an individual or group setting.
- Strong ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Above average ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be willing to undergo and successfully pass background checks with the SJPD Division of Gambling Control and the State of California Gambling Control Commission.
Responsibilities and Duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Responsible for administration, management, and education related to the following programs: all applicable Title 16 and State Minimum Internal Control Standards, gaming regulations, Title 31, and other local, state, federal laws/regulations.
- Daily review of all activity reports for compliance issues and work with departments to address issues and/or deficiencies and promote best practices.
- Develops, implements, and maintains internal controls, standard operating procedures, policies, practices and regulations as required by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Lead quarterly Compliance Committee meetings, ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws pertaining to gaming.
- Lead monthly Title 31 Suspicious Activity Reporting Committee meetings ensuring compliance with Title 31. Prepare and present associated metrics, current topics and meeting minutes.
- Serve as the Casino M8trix’s Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) Officer responsible for all BSA program policies, procedures, reporting requirements, and compliance; performs BSA/Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) investigations for criminal and suspicious activities and patterns of suspicious activity. Prepare annual property Title 31 risk assessment and associated policies and procedures.
- Responsible for compliance portions of onboarding in relation to Title 31 and ensure annual recertification trainings are completed.
- Analyze leads for suspicious activity, including those generated from detection software, monitoring system software, internal logs, surveillance reports, and media reports.
- Work with departments to address operational and regulatory deficiencies and to comply with gaming regulations.
- Ensure the proper filing of Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports with the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network.
- Review regulatory and compliance activities with the Vice President, Board of Directors, and Legal Department.
- Ensure all managers fulfill their required compliance and reporting duties and responsibilities in a timely, consistent, and efficient manner.
- Consult with management and/or legal counsel to ensure policies comply with local ordinances, state, and federal laws in regard to gaming compliance matters.
- Oversee the revision, preparation, and dissemination of new and updated compliance standards and procedures.
- Review all casino related publications and legislative directives to stay current on changes to state and federal laws and gaming regulations affecting the management, operations, and product offerings of Casino M8trix.
- Keep all Internal Controls up to date and on file with regulatory authorities.
- Consult with outside agencies and consultants and makes prompt recommendations to management to prevent illegal activities from taking place at Casino M8trix.
- Coordinate, supervise, and support compliance-related programs, such as compliance training, compliance testing, and reporting, including that done by external auditors.
- Provide support and leadership direction to individuals reporting to this position in accordance with the organizational structure.
Work Hours and Availability:
This position is 100% on-site work with a schedule of Monday through Friday, from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Some flexibility is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation range is between $100,000 to $140,000 annually, depending on experience. Employee benefits are available for all qualifying full-time employees, including paid time off, medical, vision, dental, and life insurance. In addition, employees receive a 20% discount on food, non-alcoholic beverages, and Casino M8trix merchandise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. By providing your mobile number and contact information, you hereby expressly consent to Casino M8trix calling, texting, and/or contact you regarding your employment application.
Casino M8trix is an equal opportunity employer and no employee, applicant, or candidate for hiring, promotion, training, or other benefit shall be discriminated against or given preference based on an individual’s, or their associates or relatives’, race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other category or status protected by local, state or federal, laws. This policy governs all aspects of our employment.