As a member of the FlexCold team, the Import/Export Logistics Specialist is responsible for Import/Export Logistics Specialist supports import and export operations, including shipment logistics, documentation, and customer service. They will conduct audits to verify physical shipments accuracy using bills of lading, invoices, and other documents. Identifies and records any discrepancies. In addition, they will prepare, distributes or processes documentation to ensure required documents are in place and correct. They will also coordinate and communicate with customers, agents, vendors, and shippers to maintain process flows and resolve issues. Finally, they will perform data entry of shipping and cargo details into systems following required procedures.
- Support import and export operations, including shipment logistics, documentation, and customer service.
- Conduct audits to verify physical shipments accuracy using BOL, invoices, and other documents.
- Identifies and records any discrepancies.
- Prepare, distributes and processed documentation to ensure require documents are in place and correct.
- Coordinate and communicate with customers, agents, vendors, and shippers to maintain process flows and resolve issues.
- Responsible for data entry of shipping and cargo details into the system
- Process and input all customer orders.
- Prepare shipping/order picking paperwork for warehouse personnel.
- Run stock reports to check for product availability.
- Generate all related paperwork and necessary information required for customer work orders, check all orders for special requests.
- Coordinate special, last minute shipping requests with the Transportation and Warehouse Operations Departments, expediting any orders as necessary.
- Track orders as required and notify customers of any activity concerning their order.
- Maintain damage records and backorder/inventory shortage information.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with customers by responding to all inquires and complaints concerning, work orders, shipments, inventory counts, etc. in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Report customer feedback to management, including any signs of customer dissatisfaction.
- Oversee all paperwork associated with orders and maintain the corresponding files.
- Maintain a current and accurate procedure manual that details the processing requirements for each account.
- Other Duties as requested.
- HS diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 to 3 years high profile customer service
- Computer and internet literate.
- Excellent phone manner and listening skills.
- Flexibility, initiative, and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to take direction from multiple customers at once.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- Computer proficiency and advanced skills with; all Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is required to be able to constantly sit, stand, walk, see, talk, and hear. The associate is frequently required to type and have fine motor manipulation. The associate is occasionally required to grasp or feel objects with the hand, reach above, below and at waist level, twist, squat, kneel and lift and/or move objects up to 10lbs. Ability to work in cold and below freezing temperatures. Fluency in English is a prerequisite for ensuring both the safe and effective performance of all job duties and the successful operation of all FlexCold, LLC’s business practices.