Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through nearly two decades of development and deployment of technical specifications and health care interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a rapidly growing employee-owned organization who takes pride in improving public health, quality of care, and research.
Primary purpose: Understand, design, and document data models, data flow, data mapping, for a large government organization supporting health care, population health, clinical data, and electronic health care (EHR) data. Recommend efficiencies and plan for the organization to receive healthcare data for public health surveillance. Assess current reporting and analytics within the organization and incorporate recommendations for improvements into larger organizational future state planning.
A successful candidate will:
- Update and maintain existing health care data models for operational data submissions applications.
- Create health care data models for new health care quality measures, supporting new web-based analytic health care calculations for population health.
- Maintain data definitions, tables, column, data type, expected values.
- Contribute to branch-wide data catalog, metadata, and data dictionary efforts using Excel, Alation, SAS Viya, and other metadata tools.
- Map data flow for client organization across internal and external sources.
- Assess SAS and SQL reporting and analytics against client future state goals.
- Support planning and execution for client migration to cloud technologies.
- Oversee data management and analytics functions as the organization transitions to big data/data warehouse model.
- Collaborate and coordinate effectively with multidisciplinary team members to achieve analytic and programmatic goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, data science, information systems, or related discipline.
- Experience in the following are helpful: SQL Server, Azure SQL, Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure Data Factory (ADF), partitioning, indexing, naming convention.
- Nine plus (9+) years as a Data Architect or demonstrated relevant industry experience.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and data management tooling.
- Demonstratable experience using data modeling tools (e.g., Embarcadero, Erwin, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and data modeling concepts. Hands on data mapping and modeling experience highly desired.
- Experience with querying languages, schema definition languages, data management languages, and scripting, including SQL, SAS Viya, Data Bricks.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders to understand business and data requirements and incorporate needs into solution designs.
- Technical knowledge of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), preferred.
- Ability to attain Public Trust Clearance.
Additional Job Information:
- This position is 100% work-from-home/remote apart from the annual Lantana Retreat, held as conditions allow.
- Lantana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for current openings will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or native origin.
- For this position, we are not accepting applicants outside of the United States.