The School Bookkeeper is responsible for providing bookkeeping and other administrative services to the school. Performs routine data entry tasks including accounts payable, receivable, and payroll. Reconciles bank statements. Assists with budget process. Serves as the primary business support staff member to the Principal.
- Setup and monitor tuition payment agreements. Ensure all families are on Tuition Management System.
- Maintain cash receipts protocols, verify bank deposits and record receipts.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of accounts receivable ledger.
- Collect invoices; ensure proper coding and authorization.
- Process vendor payments.
- Maintain vendor files.
- Verify employee time cards and process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Track and maintain employee benefits; monitor employee sick and vacation charges and credits.
- Reconcile bank statements on a timely basis.
- Properly track 1099 and W-2G data for diocesan reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of budget template, mid-year and year-end diocesan reports.
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports and summaries to the Parish Finance Council.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
Administrative/ Other Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Principal on student registration process.
- Collaborate with diocese on financial matters.
- Collaborate with diocesan Human Resources for policy interpretation.
- Attend diocesan bookkeeper/business managers’ meetings and webinars.
- Active, practicing Roman Catholic (preferred)
- Respects and understands a Catholic school philosophy.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in payroll and accounts payable/receivable processing
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (WORD, EXCEL, etc.), QuickBooks
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with Federal and State employment laws
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to remain in an office at a computer workstation and access information from a computer and use a phone system. The employee is required to be mobile to, from, and within the office, as well as maneuver throughout the school facility to attend meetings, briefings, and other work-related events. The employee may be required to conduct trips to, from, and within various city and county-wide locations to attend meetings or events. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
St. Columba Catholic School, as part of the Catholic Diocese of San Diego, is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.