Nielsen Kellerman (NK) has a need for summer interns in the following areas: Marketing, Engineering, and Manufacturing. NK designs and manufactures measurement devices for weather, sports, agriculture, first responders, ballistics, and many other activities and industries. The internship opportunity is ideal for anyone interested in a hands-on learning experience in an active working environment where day-to-day work varies. Interns will work with department heads and managers while learning and contributing to expanding NK’s marketing, engineering and manufacturing departments. Based on the success of the initial internship, there is a possibility of a second summer internship the following year.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Position
- Must be self-motivated, must possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and data-driven thinking.
- Enthusiasm, commitment, and resilience in pursuing your goals and executing your daily work
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization abilities
- Natural attention to details with strong analytical skills, and data-driven thinking
- Desire to work within deadlines and able to communicate and work with others well
- Lifelong learner that values creativity
Education and Experience
- Must be enrolled in an associates or bachelors degree program majoring in Marketing, Engineering, or related field
- Experience with MS Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 300 hours completed between June and August. There is flexibility of number of hours per week and flexible start and end date. Typical manufacturing hours are Monday-Thursday 6:30a-5:00p.
- Work in-person at Nielsen-Kellerman - 21 Creek Circle Boothwyn, PA 19061
- Comfortable working on all Nielsen-Kellerman product lines and brands, please review Our Brands at nkhome.com/ before applying.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer – At Will Employment
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, gender, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other legally protected category. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment including training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and all other aspects of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This is at-will employment.
Nielsen-Kellerman is the parent company for eight brands focused on helping people succeed in their profession or passion by providing mission-critical measurements, information, insight, and guidance whenever and wherever needed. Ambient Weather, Kestrel Weather, KestrelMet, RainWise, Kestrel Ballistics, MagnetoSpeed, Blue Ocean Megaphones and NK Sports are each recognized as the preeminent products for their applications from meteorology to military, firefighting to farming and rowing to research. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative and sales processes.
NK's home office is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia and our Ambient Weather brand operates primarily from Chandler, AZ in the Phoenix suburbs. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy, and our employees' quality of life is important to us. NK is proud to have been named a Philly Top Workplace eight out of the last ten years.