JOB TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: CFO
FSLA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part Time (15-20 hrs weekly)
LOCATION: 1440 Pine St., Boulder, CO
At TGTHR (formerly Attention Homes), we are building a movement that galvanizes communities, empowers young people, and puts an end to youth homelessness. We won’t stop until every young person is valued, empowered and safe. We provide a continuum of shelter and housing services for young people experiencing or at risk of homelessness and support youth in achieving housing stability, improving their physical and emotional well-being, pursuing education and employment goals, and building strong social networks. We partner with stakeholders to advocate for policies that will address and prevent youth homelessness across Colorado. Our work is grounded in a commitment to social justice, and we are dedicated to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in our workplace, programs, and community. For more information, visit TGTHR.org .
The following values guide our efforts:
- We believe growth is rooted in relationships.
- We believe in wildly celebrating resilience.
- We believe there is strength in diversity.
- We believe in promoting youth voices.
- We believe that housing is a fundamental right.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the
financial management and reporting of government grants (federal, state, local). This
role collaborates with the fundraising and program teams to provide budget and grant
reporting. In addition, this role also supports the Finance team in general ledger
maintenance, reconciling accounts, preparing financial reports, and assisting with
audits and budgeting processes.The Staff Accountant collaborates across departments to provide excellent financial services helping partners and leaders to realize TGTHR’s strategic goals.
Government Grants and Service Contracts
- Manage federal, state and local grants and service contracts.
- Review grant expenditures for compliance with restrictions.
- Maintain records pertaining to all awards including contracts, budgets, reimbursements requests, expense substantiation, timesheets, etc.
- Prepare grant billing and financial reports in accordance with contract terms.
- Maintain system of wage allocations to ensure employee time is appropriately charged to grants.
General Ledger Maintenance and Reconciliation
- Assist in reviewing, posting, and reconciling payroll and payroll related entries.
- Reconciliation of assigned accounts.
- Participate in month-end close process, including preparing or reviewing reconciliations, preparing financial statements, analyzing balances and budget-to-actual variances.
- Assist with annual audit, preparation of Form 990, and 403(b) plan audit.
- Assist with cash receipts and bill processing when necessary, including providing coverage during co-worker PTO.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of successful experience in accounting, ideally nonprofit.
- Proven ability to build and maintain complex Excel workbooks.
- Experience with QBO, BILL (formerly DIVVY), MELIO and Salesforce a plus.
- Candidates must be able to pass background checks including drug testing, criminal and driving records investigations, reference checks, and other background checks that are relevant to the position.
- Depending on the work at hand, this position could work remotely some of the time.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION Salary Range: $32.20 - $35.42 /hr. 15-20 hours per week.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Holiday Pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Discounted YMCA of Boulder County Membership
- Employee Assistance Program / Counseling Services
- Development and Educational Opportunities
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Work Environment
- Staff Appreciation Events
TGTHR is a drug-free workplace. Candidates and employees must be able to pass a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.TGTHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are strategically invested in creating an equitable, diverse, just, and inclusive work environment. All interested individuals, including people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, women, and people with different levels of ability and people who have experienced homelessness are particularly urged to apply. For more information on our justice, equity, diversity and inclusion efforts, visit our website here .