CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
About the role
CloudBees customers rely on our Support team to help them be successful in the use of our products. Our team is uniquely positioned to help sustain the company’s growth by providing a customer support experience that surpasses expectations. These positive customer experiences help drive annual renewals and business expansion. A successful Development Support Engineer (DSE) will use their skills and experience to accurately diagnose customer issues and get them resolved in a timely way, to the customer’s happiness. In addition, motivated individuals who want to contribute in other ways will have opportunities to work on our collection of internal tools that automate the diagnosis of issues, making the entire team more efficient by reducing manual work.
A typical day in our Support team starts with a scrum meeting where we review open and unassigned cases and help each other with issues we’re stuck on. Working on active cases, we answer basic questions and also tackle problems that range from the mundane to the fiendishly complicated (it helps if you enjoy a good challenge). We collaborate with each other throughout the day, via Slack or video calls. During down time, we build technical knowledge through training and tools development.
CloudBees has been a remote-work-first company since it was founded, and the majority of the DSE team works remotely. The existing team has a mix of backgrounds including system administrators, developers, support engineers, and DevOps engineers. We strive to provide everyone on the team with exciting challenges, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a positive work/life balance.
What You’ll Do
- Answer customer questions about product usage and best practices.
- Diagnose complex technical issues and provide solutions or workarounds.
- Connect with customers through a ticketing system, with phone support sometimes required for complex or urgent issues.
- Collaborate frequently with members of the Support and Engineering teams.
- Contribute to documentation.
- Contribute to internal software tools to automate diagnosis of customer issues.
- Work a weekend on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks (daytime hours only).
- Good working knowledge of popular DevOps tools and services such as: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus, Kubernetes, git & GitHub.
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge.
- Good communication skills (English language fluency required).
- The ability to work independently.
- The ability to build knowledge of new technologies easily.
- A sense of empathy with our customers.
- Year of experience - minimum 5 years and above.
As previously mentioned, members of our team have a variety of past work experience, and each bring a different mix of skills to our team. The following are some examples of these skills, but by no means do we expect candidates to have all of them. If any of these fits with your experience, we would love to hear from you!
- System administration knowledge, especially Linux, storage, and/or networking.
- Knowledge of common enterprise environments & technologies such as LDAP & databases.
- Knowledge of common web application architectures, SSL, REST API concepts, etc.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and practices.
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Programming experience, anything from shell scripting to Java development.
- Open source community contributions, especially Jenkins.
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles.
- Computer Science / IT degree or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications: Cloud computing providers, Kubernetes, etc.
We’re invested in you!
We offer generous paid time off to allow our employees time to rest, recharge and to be present with family and friends throughout the year.At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem-solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Please be aware that there are individuals and organizations that may attempt to scam job seekers by offering fraudulent employment opportunities in the name of CloudBees. These scams may involve fake job postings, unsolicited emails, or messages claiming to be from our recruiters or hiring managers.
Please note that CloudBees will never ask for any personal account information, such as cell phone, credit card details or bank account numbers, during the recruitment process. Additionally, CloudBees will never send you a check for any equipment prior to employment. All communication from our recruiters and hiring managers will come from official company email addresses (@cloudbees.com) and will never ask for any payment, fee to be paid or purchases to be made by the job seeker.
If you are contacted by anyone claiming to represent CloudBees and you are unsure of their authenticity, please do not provide any personal/financial information and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take these matters very seriously and will work to ensure that any fraudulent activity is reported and dealt with appropriately. If you feel like you have been scammed in the US, please report it to the Federal Trade Commission at: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/.
In Europe, please contact the European Anti-Fraud Office at: https://anti-fraud.ec.europa.eu/olaf-and-you/report-fraud_en
Some signs of a recruitment scam:
- Ensure there are no other domains before or after @cloudbees.com. For example: “name.dr.cloudbees.com”
- Check any documents for poor spelling and grammar – this is often a sign that fraudsters are at work.
- If they provide a generic email address such as @Yahoo or @Hotmail as a point of contact.
- You are asked for money, an “administration fee”, “security fee” or an “accreditation fee”.
- You are asked for cell phone account information.
- You are asked to cash a check for “equipment” prior to start.
- You are offered a job offer immediately or without an interview.