Salary Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Since 1996, Polara has designed and manufactured the most durable, technologically advanced, ADA-compliant and pedestrian-friendly crosswalk devices available. Polara’s top priority is pedestrian safety by producing high quality products. The Manufacturing Assembler position is a critical part of the Polara team. This position works directly with our product, assembling various components and preparing it for shipment.
Job Duties include but are not limited to the following:
· Produces components by assembling parts and subassemblies
· Uses hand tools or machines to assemble parts.
· Conducts quality control checks.
· Reads and follows the green book guide for assembly instructions
· Cleans and maintains work area and tools
· Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
· Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts, and subassemblies
· Meets daily production goals
- Focus on Quality Control
- Safety management mindset
- Dexterity and hand-eye coordination, including the ability to grasp, manipulate, and assemble parts and components that are often very small
Education, Experience, & Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred