Ghost Robotics is the industry leader in legged robotic systems that not only help our customers solve complex operational, national security, and technical challenges to save lives, reduce harm and improve outcomes.
This position will be reporting to the Head, Controls and Behaviors and will be working closely with a fast-moving team delivering next-generation legged robotic solutions for defense, homeland, public safety and enterprise customers worldwide. We are looking for a candidate who is self-motivated, knowledgeable, has a solid work ethic, can learn quickly and execute under demanding timelines. There is a strong growth opportunity as the company expands.
This role entails working on the Controls & Behaviors team for legged-locomotion behavior development. As such, you will have access to the state-of-the-art in legged robot hardware and the opportunity to write the algorithms responsible for our product’s success in real-world, mission-critical deployments. Specifically, the responsibilities for this position include:
- Develop, improve, and implement behaviors algorithms enabling perception-aided locomotion over structured and unstructured terrain.
- Develop testing infrastructure for both simulation and physical robots.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Work Experience
- 3-5 years minimum experience at either a research laboratory or an established integration firm, consultancy or product company.
- Background in one or more of: control, state-estimation, perception, optimization, or machine learning.
- Strong foundation in linear algebra.
- Must be able to understand and write quality C++ code.
Add’l Experience a Plus
- Experience writing and testing algorithms on physical hardware with real-time constraints.
- Expertise working with under-actuated systems.
- Solid foundation in kinematics and dynamics.
- Ph.D. or Ph.D. candidate in engineering, software, math, physics, or related field.
- Exceptional candidates holding a master’s or bachelor’s degree will also be considered if they have strong work experience.